Questions? The answers may be here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 S. California Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Cook County Sheriff’s Police provide police services to unincorporated Cook County. To contact Sheriff’s Police, please use one of the contact methods below.
Please note that Chicago Police Department is an independent entity from Sheriff’s Police.
General Directory: (312) 603-6444
Cook County Sheriff’s Police: (708)-865-4700
Non-Emergency: (847) 635-1188
Desk Officer: (708) 865-4790
Cook County Department of Corrections manages Cook County Jail. Information concerning visitation as well as the inmate locator tool is available on our website here.
Inmate Information: (773) 674-JAIL (5245)
Customer Service Comments/Complaints: (773) 674-5959
Cook County Sheriff Court Services Division is responsible for security at all Cook County courthouses and facilities, as well as service of process and eviction/foreclosure enforcement.
Cook County Sheriff Civil Process: (312) 603-3365
Additional Points of Contact:
Cook County Sheriff Discrimination Hotline: 773-674-HELP
Cook County Sheriff Bureau of Human Resources: 773-674-8427
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]