Questions? The answers may be here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 S. California Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Cook County Sheriff’s Police provide police services to unincorporated Cook County. To contact Sheriff’s Police, please use one of the contact methods below.
Please note that Chicago Police Department is an independent entity from Sheriff’s Police.
General Directory: (312) 603-6444
Cook County Sheriff’s Police: (708)-865-4700
Non-Emergency: (847) 635-1188
Desk Officer: (708) 865-4790
Cook County Department of Corrections manages Cook County Jail. Information concerning visitation as well as the inmate locator tool is available on our website here.
Inmate Information: (773) 674-JAIL (5245)
Customer Service Comments/Complaints: (773) 674-5959
Cook County Sheriff Court Services Division is responsible for security at all Cook County courthouses and facilities, as well as service of process and eviction/foreclosure enforcement.
Cook County Sheriff Civil Process: (312) 603-3365
Additional Points of Contact:
Cook County Sheriff Discrimination Hotline: 773-674-HELP
Cook County Sheriff Bureau of Human Resources: 773-674-8427
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]