Questions? The answers may be here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 S. California Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Cook County Sheriff’s Police provide police services to unincorporated Cook County. To contact Sheriff’s Police, please use one of the contact methods below.
Please note that Chicago Police Department is an independent entity from Sheriff’s Police.
General Directory: (312) 603-6444
Cook County Sheriff’s Police: (708)-865-4700
Non-Emergency: (847) 635-1188
Desk Officer: (708) 865-4790
Cook County Department of Corrections manages Cook County Jail. Information concerning visitation as well as the inmate locator tool is available on our website here.
Inmate Information: (773) 674-JAIL (5245)
Customer Service Comments/Complaints: (773) 674-5959
Cook County Sheriff Court Services Division is responsible for security at all Cook County courthouses and facilities, as well as service of process and eviction/foreclosure enforcement.
Cook County Sheriff Civil Process: (312) 603-3365
Additional Points of Contact:
Cook County Sheriff Discrimination Hotline: 773-674-HELP
Cook County Sheriff Bureau of Human Resources: 773-674-8427
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]