Questions? The answers may be here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 S. California Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Cook County Sheriff’s Police provide police services to unincorporated Cook County. To contact Sheriff’s Police, please use one of the contact methods below.
Please note that Chicago Police Department is an independent entity from Sheriff’s Police.
General Directory: (312) 603-6444
Cook County Sheriff’s Police: (708)-865-4700
Non-Emergency: (847) 635-1188
Desk Officer: (708) 865-4790
Cook County Department of Corrections manages Cook County Jail. Information concerning visitation as well as the individual in custody locator tool is available on our website here.
Individual in Custody Information: (773) 674-JAIL (5245)
Customer Service Comments/Complaints: (773) 674-5959
Cook County Sheriff Court Services Division is responsible for security at all Cook County courthouses and facilities, as well as service of process and eviction/foreclosure enforcement.
Cook County Sheriff Civil Process: (312) 603-3365
Additional Points of Contact:
Cook County Sheriff Discrimination Hotline: 773-674-HELP
Cook County Sheriff Bureau of Human Resources: 773-674-8427
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]