Questions? The answers may be here:
Frequently Asked Questions
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 S. California Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Cook County Sheriff’s Police provide police services to unincorporated Cook County. To contact Sheriff’s Police, please use one of the contact methods below.
Please note that Chicago Police Department is an independent entity from Sheriff’s Police.
General Directory: (312) 603-6444
Cook County Sheriff’s Police: (708)-865-4700
Non-Emergency: (847) 635-1188
Desk Officer: (708) 865-4790
Cook County Department of Corrections manages Cook County Jail. Information concerning visitation as well as the inmate locator tool is available on our website here.
Inmate Information: (773) 674-JAIL (5245)
Customer Service Comments/Complaints: (773) 674-5959
Cook County Sheriff Court Services Division is responsible for security at all Cook County courthouses and facilities, as well as service of process and eviction/foreclosure enforcement.
Cook County Sheriff Civil Process: (312) 603-3365
Additional Points of Contact:
Cook County Sheriff Discrimination Hotline: 773-674-HELP
Cook County Sheriff Bureau of Human Resources: 773-674-8427
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]