How Do I?
Request Medical Records (Click for more info)
Note that the Cook County Sheriff does NOT maintain or have access to Cook County Jail detainee medical records. You must contact Cermak Health Services, under Cook County Health and Hospital System, in order to obtain detainee medical records.
Request Movement for Electronic Monitoring, or check on a pending Movement Request
Contact Cookcountysheriff@BI.com or call 877-326-9198
Report Suspected Domestic Violence:
If the violence is occurring right now, call 911. If you suspect ongoing violence, call your local police department.
Report Suspected Child Abuse:
You can either call police, 911, or Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) at the child abuse helpline 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873) www.state.il.us/dcfs/index.shtml
Report Suspected Animal Cruelty:
If it is an emergency, call 911. Otherwise, you can call the Cook County Special Operations Unit at 708-865-4720 during business hours or the 24-hour patrol desk at 708-865-4790.
What do I do if I find a gun?
Do not touch the gun. Call 911. Notify the operator of your location and the gun’s location. Then describe what the gun looks like to the operator.
Get my towed vehicle back:
Go to the Sheriff’s Police Patrol Desk at 1401 Maybrook Dr., Maywood, IL with the following:
- Valid Driver’s License (or bring a licensed driver with you)
- Valid Insurance Card
- Proof of Ownership (title, original purchase papers, rental agreement)
- $500 cash or credit card (surcharge/convenience fee added)
You will get a paid stamp on your receipt from the patrol desk. Go to the towing company with the documents listed above and your receipt to get your vehicle back. There will be towing fees. For more information, call the towing company.
Get recovered property back:
If property is “Hold for Owner,” the owner can come with valid identification to pick it up. Call 708-865-4841 to make an appointment.
If property is “Hold for Investigation,” the property has to be released by the investigating officer before the owner can pick it up. The owner can call 708-865-4841 to inquire.
If the property is a gun, the owner needs to have court order papers, or a completed gun packet (notarized) to have property released. The owner can call 708-865-4841 for more information.
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Submit your question using the form below:
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]