Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police Officer
Posted on June 22nd, 2021
COOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found she stabbed another woman in the back and a Sheriff’s Police officer in the hand, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 11:20 a.m. on June 19, Sheriff’s Police responded to a crowd that was fighting in the 1100 block of Park Avenue in Ford Heights. During the fight, a woman identified as Torra Johnson, stabbed a 37-year-old woman in the back with a knife and stabbed an intervening Sheriff’s Police officer in the hand. The injured officer deployed his Taser to get Johnson to stop, according to the investigation.
The victim remains hospitalized, but she is expected to recover from her injuries. Johnson and the injured officer were treated and released from area hospitals. Two other individuals involved in the original altercation were taken to area hospitals for treatment of minor injuries.
Johnson, of Ford Heights, was charged on June 21 with aggravated battery, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and aggravated battery to a police officer. Her bond was set at $30,000-D during her court appearance today at the Markham Courthouse. She was released from custody this afternoon after her bond was posted.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Electronic Monitoring Participant Charged after Weapons Recovered from ResidenceCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 21-year-old Chicago man on electronic monitoring for a firearm offense is [Read More]