Woman Charged in Ford Heights Murder
Posted on June 5th, 2017
A 31-year-old woman has been charged with first degree murder in connection with the stabbing death of her boyfriend, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 10:15 p.m. on June 2, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a man stabbed in the 1000 block of Drexel Avenue in Ford Heights. The man, identified as 43-year-old Jason Coday, succumbed to his injuries at an area hospital.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that Coday’s girlfriend, Keanna Kennedy stabbed Coday during an argument at their residence in the 1000 block of Drexel Avenue.
Kennedy was taken into custody on June 3. She was charged with first degree murder on June 5 and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing on June 6 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]