Woman Charged in Ford Heights Murder
Posted on June 5th, 2017
A 31-year-old woman has been charged with first degree murder in connection with the stabbing death of her boyfriend, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 10:15 p.m. on June 2, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a man stabbed in the 1000 block of Drexel Avenue in Ford Heights. The man, identified as 43-year-old Jason Coday, succumbed to his injuries at an area hospital.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives learned that Coday’s girlfriend, Keanna Kennedy stabbed Coday during an argument at their residence in the 1000 block of Drexel Avenue.
Kennedy was taken into custody on June 3. She was charged with first degree murder on June 5 and is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing on June 6 at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]