Woman Charged After Drugs Found in Luggage
Posted on April 25th, 2016
A Minnesota woman has been charged with multiple felonies after a large amount of drugs were found in her luggage at O’Hare International Airport, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Sheriff’s Police were contacted by U.S Customs and Border Protection at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Saturday for assistance in processing an arrest of woman after agents found approximately 17 kilograms of suspected opium and more than 3,500 suspected methamphetamine pills in her luggage.
The woman, Khoua Vang, 49, of Walnut Grove, Minnesota, landed at O’Hare’s International Terminal on a flight from South Korea. Her flight home to Minnesota had originated in Laos.
Sheriff’s Police arrested Vang. She has been charged with methamphetamine delivery, methamphetamine trafficking, possession of methamphetamine, controlled substance trafficking, and two counts of manufacture/deliver of a controlled substance.
Vang’s bond was set at $100,000 during her court appearance on Sunday at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]