Woman Arrested at Bridgeview Courthouse After Weapon Found
Posted on February 24th, 2016
A 47-year-old Oak Lawn woman was arrested after Sheriff’s deputies at the Bridgeview Courthouse found her with a loaded revolver, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
A loaded .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver was found on Denise Smith’s person while she was going through the courthouse security screening this morning at the Bridgeview Courthouse, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation. Sheriff’s deputies took Smith into custody.
Sheriff’s Police learned that Smith did not have a concealed carry license nor did she have a valid Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) card. She has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon on government property, a class 3 felony, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon – no FOID, a class 4 felony.
Smith is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing tomorrow (Thursday) at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]