Woman Arrested at Bridgeview Courthouse After Weapon Found
Posted on February 24th, 2016
A 47-year-old Oak Lawn woman was arrested after Sheriff’s deputies at the Bridgeview Courthouse found her with a loaded revolver, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
A loaded .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver was found on Denise Smith’s person while she was going through the courthouse security screening this morning at the Bridgeview Courthouse, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation. Sheriff’s deputies took Smith into custody.
Sheriff’s Police learned that Smith did not have a concealed carry license nor did she have a valid Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) card. She has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon on government property, a class 3 felony, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon – no FOID, a class 4 felony.
Smith is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing tomorrow (Thursday) at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]