Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child Pornography
Posted on November 15th, 2018
A 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of children using a messaging app, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Edward Evans of Western Springs was charged Nov. 14 with two counts of distributing child pornography, a class X felony, and one count of possession of child pornography, a class 2 felony. He received an I-bond (personal recognizance) today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
According to the investigation, twice in the last 12 months, Evans sent explicit images of children using a messaging app. The receivers of those messages, unbeknownst to him, were undercover federal taskforce officers.
The subsequent investigation found that Evans downloaded the messaging app to his tablet, and he was the only one who accessed that application.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]