Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child Pornography
Posted on November 15th, 2018
A 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of children using a messaging app, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Edward Evans of Western Springs was charged Nov. 14 with two counts of distributing child pornography, a class X felony, and one count of possession of child pornography, a class 2 felony. He received an I-bond (personal recognizance) today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
According to the investigation, twice in the last 12 months, Evans sent explicit images of children using a messaging app. The receivers of those messages, unbeknownst to him, were undercover federal taskforce officers.
The subsequent investigation found that Evans downloaded the messaging app to his tablet, and he was the only one who accessed that application.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]