Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child Pornography
Posted on November 15th, 2018
A 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of children using a messaging app, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Edward Evans of Western Springs was charged Nov. 14 with two counts of distributing child pornography, a class X felony, and one count of possession of child pornography, a class 2 felony. He received an I-bond (personal recognizance) today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
According to the investigation, twice in the last 12 months, Evans sent explicit images of children using a messaging app. The receivers of those messages, unbeknownst to him, were undercover federal taskforce officers.
The subsequent investigation found that Evans downloaded the messaging app to his tablet, and he was the only one who accessed that application.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]