Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County Jail
Posted on March 26th, 2020
As part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to
combat the spread of COVID-19 within the Cook County Department of Corrections (DOC), the Cook
County Sheriff’s Office will provide regular updates on the number of detainees who have been
confirmed positive for the virus, the number confirmed negative, and the total number tested.
As of 5 p.m. on March 26, a total of 89 detainees in DOC custody have been tested for COVID-19
after exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
• 24 detainees have tested positive
• 2 detainees have tested negative.
• 63 detainees have pending test results.
Additionally, nine Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
Cermak staff are closely monitoring the detainees on the living units where these individuals were
housed and will test any detainees who are symptomatic.
For more information regarding our ongoing efforts to respond to COVID-19 at the DOC, please visit
our website: https://www.cookcountysheriff.org/category/press-release/
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]