Undercover Operation Leads to Promoting Prostitution Arrest
Posted on August 27th, 2015
A 27-year-old woman has been charged with promoting prostitution following an investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Aug. 25, a Sheriff’s Police undercover officer responded to an advertisement in the dating section of Backpage.com that appeared to be advertising prostitution. A woman was taken into custody for prostitution.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police Vice officers learned that Jessica Bealer had placed the ad on Backpage.com, rented the Schiller Park hotel room that was to be used for the prostitution, and that Bealer would profit from the other woman’s prostitution.
Bealer, of the 4700 block of South Calumet Avenue in Chicago, was charged with one count of promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony. She is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Since 2009, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 800 arrests from Backpage.com. Since 2007, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 50 arrests for human trafficking/involuntary servitude/promoting prostitution.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]