Undercover Operation Leads to Promoting Prostitution Arrest
Posted on August 27th, 2015
A 27-year-old woman has been charged with promoting prostitution following an investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Aug. 25, a Sheriff’s Police undercover officer responded to an advertisement in the dating section of Backpage.com that appeared to be advertising prostitution. A woman was taken into custody for prostitution.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police Vice officers learned that Jessica Bealer had placed the ad on Backpage.com, rented the Schiller Park hotel room that was to be used for the prostitution, and that Bealer would profit from the other woman’s prostitution.
Bealer, of the 4700 block of South Calumet Avenue in Chicago, was charged with one count of promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony. She is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Since 2009, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 800 arrests from Backpage.com. Since 2007, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 50 arrests for human trafficking/involuntary servitude/promoting prostitution.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]