Undercover Operation Leads to Promoting Prostitution Arrest
Posted on August 27th, 2015
A 27-year-old woman has been charged with promoting prostitution following an investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Aug. 25, a Sheriff’s Police undercover officer responded to an advertisement in the dating section of Backpage.com that appeared to be advertising prostitution. A woman was taken into custody for prostitution.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police Vice officers learned that Jessica Bealer had placed the ad on Backpage.com, rented the Schiller Park hotel room that was to be used for the prostitution, and that Bealer would profit from the other woman’s prostitution.
Bealer, of the 4700 block of South Calumet Avenue in Chicago, was charged with one count of promoting prostitution, a class 4 felony. She is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Since 2009, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 800 arrests from Backpage.com. Since 2007, Sheriff’s Police have made more than 50 arrests for human trafficking/involuntary servitude/promoting prostitution.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]