Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township Shooting
Posted on February 11th, 2019
Two teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today
At 4:18 p.m. on Feb. 1, Sheriff’s Police responded to a report of a shots fired call in the 1500 block of Norway Lane. They located an unresponsive man who had been shot. He was taken to Northwest Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The victim was later identified as 20-year-old Jose Castaneda, who lived nearby.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two offenders involved as 16-year-old Andre Naydenov and a 15-year-old boy. Naydenov was taken into custody on Feb. 6 and upon further investigation was charged as an adult with first degree murder. His bond was set at $750,000-D on Feb. 7 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
On Feb. 9, the 15-year-old was taken into custody and after further investigation was charged with first degree murder. Because he was charged as a juvenile, his name is not being released.
The public is reminded the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]