Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township Shooting
Posted on February 11th, 2019
Two teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today
At 4:18 p.m. on Feb. 1, Sheriff’s Police responded to a report of a shots fired call in the 1500 block of Norway Lane. They located an unresponsive man who had been shot. He was taken to Northwest Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The victim was later identified as 20-year-old Jose Castaneda, who lived nearby.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two offenders involved as 16-year-old Andre Naydenov and a 15-year-old boy. Naydenov was taken into custody on Feb. 6 and upon further investigation was charged as an adult with first degree murder. His bond was set at $750,000-D on Feb. 7 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
On Feb. 9, the 15-year-old was taken into custody and after further investigation was charged with first degree murder. Because he was charged as a juvenile, his name is not being released.
The public is reminded the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]