Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township Shooting
Posted on February 11th, 2019
Two teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today
At 4:18 p.m. on Feb. 1, Sheriff’s Police responded to a report of a shots fired call in the 1500 block of Norway Lane. They located an unresponsive man who had been shot. He was taken to Northwest Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The victim was later identified as 20-year-old Jose Castaneda, who lived nearby.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two offenders involved as 16-year-old Andre Naydenov and a 15-year-old boy. Naydenov was taken into custody on Feb. 6 and upon further investigation was charged as an adult with first degree murder. His bond was set at $750,000-D on Feb. 7 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
On Feb. 9, the 15-year-old was taken into custody and after further investigation was charged with first degree murder. Because he was charged as a juvenile, his name is not being released.
The public is reminded the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]