Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township Shooting
Posted on February 11th, 2019
Two teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today
At 4:18 p.m. on Feb. 1, Sheriff’s Police responded to a report of a shots fired call in the 1500 block of Norway Lane. They located an unresponsive man who had been shot. He was taken to Northwest Community Hospital where he was pronounced deceased. The victim was later identified as 20-year-old Jose Castaneda, who lived nearby.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two offenders involved as 16-year-old Andre Naydenov and a 15-year-old boy. Naydenov was taken into custody on Feb. 6 and upon further investigation was charged as an adult with first degree murder. His bond was set at $750,000-D on Feb. 7 at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
On Feb. 9, the 15-year-old was taken into custody and after further investigation was charged with first degree murder. Because he was charged as a juvenile, his name is not being released.
The public is reminded the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]
- Berwyn Man Charged with Indecent Solicitation of a ChildA 53-year-old Berwyn man has been charged with indecent solicitation of a child following a Cook [Read More]