Two Teenagers Charged in Robbins Shooting, Attempted Armed Robbery
Posted on September 17th, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017 —Two teenagers have been charged in connection with an attempted armed robbery, where one victim was shot, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 10, a 20-year-old Chicago man and an 18-year-old Blue Island woman were in the 13400 block of Ridgeway in Robbins to sell marijuana to individuals the woman had met on the social media application Snapchat. The victims were confronted by two male offenders. One of them pointed a firearm and demanded the victims give him everything they had.
The male victim was shot as they drove away from the offenders. He is expected to recover from his injuries.
Working with the Robbins Police Department, Sheriff’s Police learned that a 15-year-old from Robbins and a 17-year-old from Sauk Village were involved. The 15-year-old was taken into custody on Sept. 13 and the 17-year-old, who Sheriff’s Police learned was the shooter, was taken into custody on Sept. 15. Both male juveniles have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and two counts of attempted armed robbery.
The offenders’ names are being withheld because they have been charged as juveniles.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]