Two Teenagers Charged in Robbins Shooting, Attempted Armed Robbery
Posted on September 17th, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017 —Two teenagers have been charged in connection with an attempted armed robbery, where one victim was shot, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 10, a 20-year-old Chicago man and an 18-year-old Blue Island woman were in the 13400 block of Ridgeway in Robbins to sell marijuana to individuals the woman had met on the social media application Snapchat. The victims were confronted by two male offenders. One of them pointed a firearm and demanded the victims give him everything they had.
The male victim was shot as they drove away from the offenders. He is expected to recover from his injuries.
Working with the Robbins Police Department, Sheriff’s Police learned that a 15-year-old from Robbins and a 17-year-old from Sauk Village were involved. The 15-year-old was taken into custody on Sept. 13 and the 17-year-old, who Sheriff’s Police learned was the shooter, was taken into custody on Sept. 15. Both male juveniles have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and two counts of attempted armed robbery.
The offenders’ names are being withheld because they have been charged as juveniles.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]