Two Teenagers Charged in Robbins Shooting, Attempted Armed Robbery
Posted on September 17th, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017 —Two teenagers have been charged in connection with an attempted armed robbery, where one victim was shot, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 10, a 20-year-old Chicago man and an 18-year-old Blue Island woman were in the 13400 block of Ridgeway in Robbins to sell marijuana to individuals the woman had met on the social media application Snapchat. The victims were confronted by two male offenders. One of them pointed a firearm and demanded the victims give him everything they had.
The male victim was shot as they drove away from the offenders. He is expected to recover from his injuries.
Working with the Robbins Police Department, Sheriff’s Police learned that a 15-year-old from Robbins and a 17-year-old from Sauk Village were involved. The 15-year-old was taken into custody on Sept. 13 and the 17-year-old, who Sheriff’s Police learned was the shooter, was taken into custody on Sept. 15. Both male juveniles have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and two counts of attempted armed robbery.
The offenders’ names are being withheld because they have been charged as juveniles.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]