Two Teenagers Charged in Robbins Shooting, Attempted Armed Robbery
Posted on September 17th, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017 —Two teenagers have been charged in connection with an attempted armed robbery, where one victim was shot, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
According to the Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation, at approximately 4:20 p.m. on Sept. 10, a 20-year-old Chicago man and an 18-year-old Blue Island woman were in the 13400 block of Ridgeway in Robbins to sell marijuana to individuals the woman had met on the social media application Snapchat. The victims were confronted by two male offenders. One of them pointed a firearm and demanded the victims give him everything they had.
The male victim was shot as they drove away from the offenders. He is expected to recover from his injuries.
Working with the Robbins Police Department, Sheriff’s Police learned that a 15-year-old from Robbins and a 17-year-old from Sauk Village were involved. The 15-year-old was taken into custody on Sept. 13 and the 17-year-old, who Sheriff’s Police learned was the shooter, was taken into custody on Sept. 15. Both male juveniles have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm and two counts of attempted armed robbery.
The offenders’ names are being withheld because they have been charged as juveniles.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]