Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in December
Posted on January 19th, 2021
Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a missing 14-yearold girl, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today. The teen was recovered by Sheriff’s Police in early December when felony charges were also filed against 37-year-old Etheridge Nealy.
On Nov. 6, the Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit received information from the Cook County Juvenile Court that the victim was missing and was at a high risk of being trafficked.
Sheriff’s Police recovered the teen on Dec. 2 in the company of Etheridge Nealy, 37, of Chicago, and Nealy was subsequently charged with human trafficking, promotion of prostitution, involuntary servitude, and patronizing a prostitute – all felony offenses. He is currently being held in custody at Cook County Jail in lieu of $150,000 D bond.
As part of their on-going investigation, Sheriff’s Police learned of additional men who allegedly trafficked the victim for prostitution. On Thursday, Jan. 14, Amaury Myles-Baker, 22, of the 1600 block of 18th Street in Maywood was taken into custody. The following day, Devontae Honey, 26, of the 7000 block of Constance Avenue in Chicago, was also taken into custody.
Both men appeared in court for bond hearings on Saturday, Jan. 16. Myles-Baker was issued a $10,000 I-bond with electronic monitoring for felony charges of promoting prostitution, and Honey was ordered held in lieu of $250,000 D Bond on felony charges of involuntary sexual servitude of a minor and aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
January is national Human Trafficking Prevention Month. Anyone with information about suspected human trafficking is encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office on-line at https://www.cookcountysheriff.org/submit-a-crime-tip/ or call the Sheriff’s Police non-emergency number at 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Manager Charged In Connection With Ongoing Criminal Investigation of Sexual Harassment at Edward Hines, Jr. VA HospitalCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police detectives are conducting an ongoing investigation [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation to Resume Sunday, March 14, at Cook County JailCOOK COUNTY, IL – In-person visitation at the Cook County Jail is scheduled to resume on Sunday, [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution Following Sheriff’s Police StingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution after Cook County [Read More]
- La Grange Park Man Charged with Aggravated Vehicular HijackingCOOK COUNTY, IL – Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested a 20-year-old La Grange Park man after he [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]