Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in December
Posted on January 19th, 2021
Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a missing 14-yearold girl, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today. The teen was recovered by Sheriff’s Police in early December when felony charges were also filed against 37-year-old Etheridge Nealy.
On Nov. 6, the Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit received information from the Cook County Juvenile Court that the victim was missing and was at a high risk of being trafficked.
Sheriff’s Police recovered the teen on Dec. 2 in the company of Etheridge Nealy, 37, of Chicago, and Nealy was subsequently charged with human trafficking, promotion of prostitution, involuntary servitude, and patronizing a prostitute – all felony offenses. He is currently being held in custody at Cook County Jail in lieu of $150,000 D bond.
As part of their on-going investigation, Sheriff’s Police learned of additional men who allegedly trafficked the victim for prostitution. On Thursday, Jan. 14, Amaury Myles-Baker, 22, of the 1600 block of 18th Street in Maywood was taken into custody. The following day, Devontae Honey, 26, of the 7000 block of Constance Avenue in Chicago, was also taken into custody.
Both men appeared in court for bond hearings on Saturday, Jan. 16. Myles-Baker was issued a $10,000 I-bond with electronic monitoring for felony charges of promoting prostitution, and Honey was ordered held in lieu of $250,000 D Bond on felony charges of involuntary sexual servitude of a minor and aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
January is national Human Trafficking Prevention Month. Anyone with information about suspected human trafficking is encouraged to contact the Sheriff’s Office on-line at https://www.cookcountysheriff.org/submit-a-crime-tip/ or call the Sheriff’s Police non-emergency number at 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]