Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen Vehicle
Posted on October 15th, 2018
Two men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 13, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a gray Ford Mustang at 123rd and Bishop in Calumet Park. Upon approach of the vehicle by police, both the driver and passenger fled on foot from the car. Both offenders were apprehended a short time later by Calumet Park Police working in the area.
Further investigation revealed that the license plate on the car had been stolen out of East Hazel Crest and the car had been stolen in September from a Hertz car rental location in Memphis, Tenn. A loaded .40 caliber handgun with eight rounds was recovered from the car.
The driver, Miguel Brown, 26, from Hazel Crest, has been charged with one felony count of possession of a stolen motor vehicle. He received an I-bond on Oct. 14 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The passenger, Ennis Saddler, 29, from Country Club Hills, was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass to vehicles.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]