Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen Vehicle
Posted on October 15th, 2018
Two men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 13, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a gray Ford Mustang at 123rd and Bishop in Calumet Park. Upon approach of the vehicle by police, both the driver and passenger fled on foot from the car. Both offenders were apprehended a short time later by Calumet Park Police working in the area.
Further investigation revealed that the license plate on the car had been stolen out of East Hazel Crest and the car had been stolen in September from a Hertz car rental location in Memphis, Tenn. A loaded .40 caliber handgun with eight rounds was recovered from the car.
The driver, Miguel Brown, 26, from Hazel Crest, has been charged with one felony count of possession of a stolen motor vehicle. He received an I-bond on Oct. 14 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The passenger, Ennis Saddler, 29, from Country Club Hills, was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass to vehicles.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]