Two Firearms Recovered in Arrest of Two in Garfield Park Neighborhood
Posted on March 5th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms and arrested two people after a traffic stop in the Garfield Park neighborhood, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 11:30 p.m. on March 4, a Sheriff’s Police patrol conducting street crime suppression in Garfield Park, pulled over a black Chevy TrailBlazer with an expired registration on Jackson Boulevard near Central Park Avenue. Sheriff’s Police officers were joined by Chicago Police officers. After approaching the vehicle, a Sheriff’s Police officer noticed the handle of a handgun protruding from the driver’s right coat pocket as he reached for his wallet. An initial pat down by a Sheriff’s Police officer and a CPD officer led to the recovery of a loaded .40 caliber handgun.
After the two other passengers were asked to exit the vehicle and secured, the officers conducted a search of the vehicle and found an additional loaded .25 caliber handgun in a pouch behind the front seat.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as 25-year-old Trevor Brantley. He was charged with unlawful use of a weapon (UUW). One of the passengers was identified as 24-year-old Carlton Harris, who was found to be on parole. He was charged with UUW by a felon. IDOC was subsequently notified about Harris’ detention.
The third occupant of the car was released without charges.
Brantley and Harris, who are both from Chicago, are scheduled to appear in bond court on March 5 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]