Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on August 10th, 2018
Two teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had robbed another man at an ATM in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Aug. 8, two males approached a 39-year-old man was withdrawing cash from an ATM in the 21700 block of Cottage Grove Avenue. One of the males displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied, and both offenders fled the scene.
At approximately 5 p.m. that day, Sheriff’s Police learned that two teens matching the description of the offenders were taken into custody by Chicago Heights Police. Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two as the offenders. Both have been charged with armed robbery.
Javonte Miles, 19, of South Chicago Heights, appeared at the Markham Courthouse today where his bond was set at $250,000-D. The second offender, a 17-year-old from Ford Heights, is not being named because he was charged as a juvenile.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]