Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on August 10th, 2018
Two teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had robbed another man at an ATM in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Aug. 8, two males approached a 39-year-old man was withdrawing cash from an ATM in the 21700 block of Cottage Grove Avenue. One of the males displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied, and both offenders fled the scene.
At approximately 5 p.m. that day, Sheriff’s Police learned that two teens matching the description of the offenders were taken into custody by Chicago Heights Police. Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two as the offenders. Both have been charged with armed robbery.
Javonte Miles, 19, of South Chicago Heights, appeared at the Markham Courthouse today where his bond was set at $250,000-D. The second offender, a 17-year-old from Ford Heights, is not being named because he was charged as a juvenile.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]