Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on August 10th, 2018
Two teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had robbed another man at an ATM in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Aug. 8, two males approached a 39-year-old man was withdrawing cash from an ATM in the 21700 block of Cottage Grove Avenue. One of the males displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied, and both offenders fled the scene.
At approximately 5 p.m. that day, Sheriff’s Police learned that two teens matching the description of the offenders were taken into custody by Chicago Heights Police. Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two as the offenders. Both have been charged with armed robbery.
Javonte Miles, 19, of South Chicago Heights, appeared at the Markham Courthouse today where his bond was set at $250,000-D. The second offender, a 17-year-old from Ford Heights, is not being named because he was charged as a juvenile.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]