Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on August 10th, 2018
Two teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had robbed another man at an ATM in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Aug. 8, two males approached a 39-year-old man was withdrawing cash from an ATM in the 21700 block of Cottage Grove Avenue. One of the males displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied, and both offenders fled the scene.
At approximately 5 p.m. that day, Sheriff’s Police learned that two teens matching the description of the offenders were taken into custody by Chicago Heights Police. Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two as the offenders. Both have been charged with armed robbery.
Javonte Miles, 19, of South Chicago Heights, appeared at the Markham Courthouse today where his bond was set at $250,000-D. The second offender, a 17-year-old from Ford Heights, is not being named because he was charged as a juvenile.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]