Two Charged in Ford Heights Armed Robbery
Posted on August 10th, 2018
Two teens have been charged with armed robbery after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had robbed another man at an ATM in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Aug. 8, two males approached a 39-year-old man was withdrawing cash from an ATM in the 21700 block of Cottage Grove Avenue. One of the males displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. The victim complied, and both offenders fled the scene.
At approximately 5 p.m. that day, Sheriff’s Police learned that two teens matching the description of the offenders were taken into custody by Chicago Heights Police. Further investigation by Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the two as the offenders. Both have been charged with armed robbery.
Javonte Miles, 19, of South Chicago Heights, appeared at the Markham Courthouse today where his bond was set at $250,000-D. The second offender, a 17-year-old from Ford Heights, is not being named because he was charged as a juvenile.
The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]