Two Arrested in Fatal Robbins Shooting
Posted on February 1st, 2016
Cook County Sheriff’s Police arrested two people in connection with a shooting that killed a 27-year-old man, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 p.m. on Jan. 28, Sheriff’s Police detectives were notified by Robbins Police of a shooting that took place in the 13500 block of South St. Louis Avenue. Sheriff’s Police detectives were asked to investigate at the request of the Robbins Police Department.
Detectives learned that gunfire erupted after two people were told to leave a tattoo party at the residence. Troy Thompson, 27, of Blue Island, a guest at the party, was caught and shot in the crossfire. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he died.
Upon further investigation, detectives learned that the party’s host, Shamar McGee, 36, told two people who arrived for the party to leave. As they left, McGee went outside and shot in the direction of the pair multiple times, according to the investigation. One of the men, identified as 18-year-old Anthony Evans, fired back multiple times.
Evans, of Markham, turned himself in to Sheriff’s Police on Jan. 30. McGee turned himself in on Jan. 31.
McGee has been charged with first degree murder. Evans has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.
Both are scheduled to appear for bond hearings today at the Markham Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]