Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]