Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]