Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]