Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]