Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Man Charged after Gun Found in Backpack at the Daley CenterA 42-year-old Chicago man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a loaded [Read More]