Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against Driver
Posted on September 7th, 2018
An Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found in his vehicle, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:55 a.m. today, Sheriff’s Police pulled over a blue Subaru with Indiana plates in the 1600 block of Lincoln Highway in Ford Heights for a traffic violation. During the traffic stop, they observed the driver, 44-year-old Dusan Dobric of Highland, Indiana, not wearing a seat belt. They also learned he had an outstanding warrant for a Lake County, IL drug offense case. Dobric was taken into custody.
Officers found a stun gun and a bag of suspected cannabis during a search of his vehicle.
Dobric was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also cited for not wearing a seat belt. He appeared today for a hearing at the Markham Courthouse where his bond was set $30,000-D. His bond for the warrant is $20,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General PublicThree weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAs part of its ongoing effort to inform the public of the measures being taken to combat the spread [Read More]