Store Owner Arrested for Selling Synthetic Urine
Posted on February 9th, 2016
A Crestwood store owner was arrested for selling synthetic urine kits, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
The Sheriff’s Police Special Operations Unit received information that Tobacco Land Plus in the 13400 block of South Cicero Avenue was selling synthetic urine kits with heating elements, which are illegal in Illinois. The kits are used to defraud drug and alcohol tests.
Undercover Sheriff’s Police officers located such kits in the store, according to the investigation. The store owner was arrested on Monday after he sold a kit to one of those officers. The store owner, Taher Yousef, was charged with a manufacture/sell/give a synthetic or human substance with the intent of using the product to a defraud drug or alcohol screening test. It is a class 4 felony.
Yousef, 56, of Crestwood, is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]