Store Owner Arrested for Selling Synthetic Urine
Posted on February 9th, 2016
A Crestwood store owner was arrested for selling synthetic urine kits, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
The Sheriff’s Police Special Operations Unit received information that Tobacco Land Plus in the 13400 block of South Cicero Avenue was selling synthetic urine kits with heating elements, which are illegal in Illinois. The kits are used to defraud drug and alcohol tests.
Undercover Sheriff’s Police officers located such kits in the store, according to the investigation. The store owner was arrested on Monday after he sold a kit to one of those officers. The store owner, Taher Yousef, was charged with a manufacture/sell/give a synthetic or human substance with the intent of using the product to a defraud drug or alcohol screening test. It is a class 4 felony.
Yousef, 56, of Crestwood, is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]