Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial Hearing
Posted on October 30th, 2018
Members of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled on Wednesday, Oct. 31 will be required to sign up for a seat that morning, per Judge Vincent Gaughan’s orders.
Spectator signups will begin at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday outside of Courtroom 500 in the Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Spectator seats will be available on a first come first serve basis. Interested parties wishing to attend Wednesday’s hearing must be 16 years of age or older and present a valid, government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID or passport.
Per the judge’s decorum orders, the following items are prohibited in the courtroom: electronic devices of any kind, including cell phones, bags, packages, briefcases, purses, coats, boxes, any other kinds of containers, notebooks, paper, pens and pencils. Clothing with prejudicial or inflammatory logos, insignias or paraphernalia are also not allowed.
Anyone causing a disruption, outburst, noise or distraction will immediately be removed from the courtroom. Any violation may result in the violator being held in contempt of court and/ or being subject to monetary sanctions according to Illinois civil and criminal law. Anyone removed from the courtroom will not be allowed back in without prior permission from the judge.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]