Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial Hearing
Posted on October 30th, 2018
Members of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled on Wednesday, Oct. 31 will be required to sign up for a seat that morning, per Judge Vincent Gaughan’s orders.
Spectator signups will begin at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday outside of Courtroom 500 in the Leighton Criminal Court Building.
Spectator seats will be available on a first come first serve basis. Interested parties wishing to attend Wednesday’s hearing must be 16 years of age or older and present a valid, government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID or passport.
Per the judge’s decorum orders, the following items are prohibited in the courtroom: electronic devices of any kind, including cell phones, bags, packages, briefcases, purses, coats, boxes, any other kinds of containers, notebooks, paper, pens and pencils. Clothing with prejudicial or inflammatory logos, insignias or paraphernalia are also not allowed.
Anyone causing a disruption, outburst, noise or distraction will immediately be removed from the courtroom. Any violation may result in the violator being held in contempt of court and/ or being subject to monetary sanctions according to Illinois civil and criminal law. Anyone removed from the courtroom will not be allowed back in without prior permission from the judge.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]