Smart 911 for Cook County Constituents
Posted on July 28th, 2013
Smart911 technology is now available for Cook County constituents. Below is an overview of how you can take advantage of this important development to more easily communicate with Cook County Sheriff’s Police and keep both your family and the community safe.
How Does This Help?
Better informed first responders are better equipped to help you. With Smart911 paramedics are aware of critical medical information like Alzheimer’s or allergies. Police have children’s photos in case of an Amber Alert and Fire Fighters know household details – ensuring that everyone is rescued during an evacuation – even pets.
How Does It Work?
The software provides citizens with the ability to enter information that they want to make available to 9-1-1 call takers through a secure website at www.Smart911.com. Smart911 then delivers this information automatically with any 9-1-1 calls that are routed to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office 9-1-1 center. Additional information regarding the capability of your local 9-1-1 center can be found at www.smart911.com using the “how it works” link. It is in over 1,800 dispatch centers in 40 states. We want to encourage people to live, travel or work in Cook County to register for this service.
What Details Are Shared?
How Do I Register?
The registration process is quick and easy… just four simple steps! After completing the steps, you will have a chance to add optional information or edit the information you have provided. You must complete every step or the service will not work until you have added and confirmed a phone number.
How Can I Spread the Word?
Protect your family and community – tell them about this free service.
Email them or tell them via Facebook.3
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]