Smart 911 for Cook County Constituents
Posted on July 28th, 2013
Smart911 technology is now available for Cook County constituents. Below is an overview of how you can take advantage of this important development to more easily communicate with Cook County Sheriff’s Police and keep both your family and the community safe.
How Does This Help?
Better informed first responders are better equipped to help you. With Smart911 paramedics are aware of critical medical information like Alzheimer’s or allergies. Police have children’s photos in case of an Amber Alert and Fire Fighters know household details – ensuring that everyone is rescued during an evacuation – even pets.
How Does It Work?
The software provides citizens with the ability to enter information that they want to make available to 9-1-1 call takers through a secure website at www.Smart911.com. Smart911 then delivers this information automatically with any 9-1-1 calls that are routed to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office 9-1-1 center. Additional information regarding the capability of your local 9-1-1 center can be found at www.smart911.com using the “how it works” link. It is in over 1,800 dispatch centers in 40 states. We want to encourage people to live, travel or work in Cook County to register for this service.
What Details Are Shared?
How Do I Register?
The registration process is quick and easy… just four simple steps! After completing the steps, you will have a chance to add optional information or edit the information you have provided. You must complete every step or the service will not work until you have added and confirmed a phone number.
How Can I Spread the Word?
Protect your family and community – tell them about this free service.
Email them or tell them via Facebook.3
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]