Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee Man
Posted on December 15th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 39-year-old Gurnee man for promoting prostitution at a Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Dec. 13, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 3900 block of West Lawrence after investigators learned the location was being used as a place of prostitution. Two female victims were recovered, and they were provided services and temporary housing through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Luis Zacarias-Ahumada operated this illegal enterprise and financially benefited from the prostitution acts that occurred at the apartment. He was located in Waukegan that day and was taken into custody.
Zacarias-Ahumada was charged on Dec. 14 with two counts of promoting prostitution. He appeared for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, where his bond was set at $10,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]