Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee Man
Posted on December 15th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 39-year-old Gurnee man for promoting prostitution at a Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Dec. 13, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 3900 block of West Lawrence after investigators learned the location was being used as a place of prostitution. Two female victims were recovered, and they were provided services and temporary housing through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Luis Zacarias-Ahumada operated this illegal enterprise and financially benefited from the prostitution acts that occurred at the apartment. He was located in Waukegan that day and was taken into custody.
Zacarias-Ahumada was charged on Dec. 14 with two counts of promoting prostitution. He appeared for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, where his bond was set at $10,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]