Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee Man
Posted on December 15th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 39-year-old Gurnee man for promoting prostitution at a Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Dec. 13, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 3900 block of West Lawrence after investigators learned the location was being used as a place of prostitution. Two female victims were recovered, and they were provided services and temporary housing through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Luis Zacarias-Ahumada operated this illegal enterprise and financially benefited from the prostitution acts that occurred at the apartment. He was located in Waukegan that day and was taken into custody.
Zacarias-Ahumada was charged on Dec. 14 with two counts of promoting prostitution. He appeared for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, where his bond was set at $10,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]