Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee Man
Posted on December 15th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 39-year-old Gurnee man for promoting prostitution at a Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Dec. 13, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 3900 block of West Lawrence after investigators learned the location was being used as a place of prostitution. Two female victims were recovered, and they were provided services and temporary housing through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Luis Zacarias-Ahumada operated this illegal enterprise and financially benefited from the prostitution acts that occurred at the apartment. He was located in Waukegan that day and was taken into custody.
Zacarias-Ahumada was charged on Dec. 14 with two counts of promoting prostitution. He appeared for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, where his bond was set at $10,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]