Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee Man
Posted on December 15th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 39-year-old Gurnee man for promoting prostitution at a Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Dec. 13, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 3900 block of West Lawrence after investigators learned the location was being used as a place of prostitution. Two female victims were recovered, and they were provided services and temporary housing through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Luis Zacarias-Ahumada operated this illegal enterprise and financially benefited from the prostitution acts that occurred at the apartment. He was located in Waukegan that day and was taken into custody.
Zacarias-Ahumada was charged on Dec. 14 with two counts of promoting prostitution. He appeared for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building, where his bond was set at $10,000-D.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]