Sheriff’s Police Investigating Shooting in Ford Heights
Posted on November 10th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are investigating a shooting that injured a man this morning in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
At approximately 3:10 a.m. today, the victim was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the Atlantis Gentlemen’s Club in the 1800 block of East Lincoln Highway when an unknown man wearing a mask and dark clothing approached the victim’s vehicle on foot, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation.
A short time later, the victim attempted to leave and the unknown offender shot at the victim multiple times.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
The offender may have left the area in a silver, older model Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable with a possible dent on the rear driver’s side.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the shooting to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]