Sheriff’s Police Investigating Shooting in Ford Heights
Posted on November 10th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are investigating a shooting that injured a man this morning in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
At approximately 3:10 a.m. today, the victim was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the Atlantis Gentlemen’s Club in the 1800 block of East Lincoln Highway when an unknown man wearing a mask and dark clothing approached the victim’s vehicle on foot, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation.
A short time later, the victim attempted to leave and the unknown offender shot at the victim multiple times.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
The offender may have left the area in a silver, older model Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable with a possible dent on the rear driver’s side.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the shooting to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]