Sheriff’s Police Investigating Shooting in Ford Heights
Posted on November 10th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are investigating a shooting that injured a man this morning in Ford Heights, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
At approximately 3:10 a.m. today, the victim was sitting in his vehicle in the parking lot of the Atlantis Gentlemen’s Club in the 1800 block of East Lincoln Highway when an unknown man wearing a mask and dark clothing approached the victim’s vehicle on foot, according to the Sheriff’s Police investigation.
A short time later, the victim attempted to leave and the unknown offender shot at the victim multiple times.
The 28-year-old victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
The offender may have left the area in a silver, older model Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable with a possible dent on the rear driver’s side.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about the shooting to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]