Sheriff’s Police Investigating Child Abduction Attempt in Unincorporated Des Planes
Posted on November 16th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man who approached students at a bus stop in unincorporated Des Plaines offering them rides, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 15 a man riding a black bicycle approached a 13-year-old boy waiting at the school bus stop in the area of Church Street and Bay Colony Drive, according to the investigation. He told the boy he could give him a ride in his car if the school bus did not show up.
The man also approached a girl waiting at the same bus stop, offered her a ride in his car and asked if she wanted to go for coffee. Both ignored the man and boarded the bus when it arrived. Detectives learned the man had gone to another bus stop and made similar statements to students there.
The man was described as white, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and about 30 to 40 years old. He has short blond hair and wore a black coat, black jeans and some type of hat or hood. Video of the suspect may be found here: https://vimeo.com/243218599/3c41b935b0
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]