Sheriff’s Police Investigating Child Abduction Attempt in Unincorporated Des Planes
Posted on November 16th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man who approached students at a bus stop in unincorporated Des Plaines offering them rides, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 15 a man riding a black bicycle approached a 13-year-old boy waiting at the school bus stop in the area of Church Street and Bay Colony Drive, according to the investigation. He told the boy he could give him a ride in his car if the school bus did not show up.
The man also approached a girl waiting at the same bus stop, offered her a ride in his car and asked if she wanted to go for coffee. Both ignored the man and boarded the bus when it arrived. Detectives learned the man had gone to another bus stop and made similar statements to students there.
The man was described as white, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and about 30 to 40 years old. He has short blond hair and wore a black coat, black jeans and some type of hat or hood. Video of the suspect may be found here: https://vimeo.com/243218599/3c41b935b0
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]