Sheriff’s Police Investigating Child Abduction Attempt in Unincorporated Des Planes
Posted on November 16th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are looking for a man who approached students at a bus stop in unincorporated Des Plaines offering them rides, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 15 a man riding a black bicycle approached a 13-year-old boy waiting at the school bus stop in the area of Church Street and Bay Colony Drive, according to the investigation. He told the boy he could give him a ride in his car if the school bus did not show up.
The man also approached a girl waiting at the same bus stop, offered her a ride in his car and asked if she wanted to go for coffee. Both ignored the man and boarded the bus when it arrived. Detectives learned the man had gone to another bus stop and made similar statements to students there.
The man was described as white, approximately 5’10” to 6’ tall and about 30 to 40 years old. He has short blond hair and wore a black coat, black jeans and some type of hat or hood. Video of the suspect may be found here: https://vimeo.com/243218599/3c41b935b0
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this person to call Sheriff’s Police at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]