Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted Drivers
Posted on April 14th, 2019
Cook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
These enhanced patrols will occur during daytime hours starting Monday and will occur periodically through April 30.
This enforcement campaign is supported through funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public to keep their eyes on the road, not their phone, while driving.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]