Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash House
Posted on January 11th, 2018
While on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, Sheriff’s police discovered a gun stash house with a cache of weapons, including two stolen shotguns.
On Jan. 9, Sheriff’s officers were checking on the status of a person being electronically monitored in the 1300 block of Tripp and noticed a door to the home propped open by a t-shirt. The door led to a second floor apartment which was vacant except for a couch, three rifles equipped with scopes and two shotguns, later determined to have been stolen from Woodstock, Illinois.
These patrols and compliance checks are components of the Sheriff’s Chicago Initiative aimed at targeting gun offenders and reducing violence within the City of Chicago.
An investigation into the weapons, including the stolen shotguns, is ongoing.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a ChildA maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spreads Awareness of Opioid Crisis and NaloxoneCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart launched an email helpline today to connect people to [Read More]
- IDOC Parolee Charged with UUW after Sheriff’s Police Recover Stolen GunA man paroled less than two months ago following weapon and drug convictions has been charged with [Read More]
- Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to StaffThree maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who [Read More]
- Detainee Charged with Threatening Assistant Public DefenderA Cook County Jail detainee has been charged with threatening his public defender, Sheriff Thomas [Read More]