Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash House
Posted on January 11th, 2018
While on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, Sheriff’s police discovered a gun stash house with a cache of weapons, including two stolen shotguns.
On Jan. 9, Sheriff’s officers were checking on the status of a person being electronically monitored in the 1300 block of Tripp and noticed a door to the home propped open by a t-shirt. The door led to a second floor apartment which was vacant except for a couch, three rifles equipped with scopes and two shotguns, later determined to have been stolen from Woodstock, Illinois.
These patrols and compliance checks are components of the Sheriff’s Chicago Initiative aimed at targeting gun offenders and reducing violence within the City of Chicago.
An investigation into the weapons, including the stolen shotguns, is ongoing.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]