Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash House
Posted on January 11th, 2018
While on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, Sheriff’s police discovered a gun stash house with a cache of weapons, including two stolen shotguns.
On Jan. 9, Sheriff’s officers were checking on the status of a person being electronically monitored in the 1300 block of Tripp and noticed a door to the home propped open by a t-shirt. The door led to a second floor apartment which was vacant except for a couch, three rifles equipped with scopes and two shotguns, later determined to have been stolen from Woodstock, Illinois.
These patrols and compliance checks are components of the Sheriff’s Chicago Initiative aimed at targeting gun offenders and reducing violence within the City of Chicago.
An investigation into the weapons, including the stolen shotguns, is ongoing.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]