Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash House
Posted on January 11th, 2018
While on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, Sheriff’s police discovered a gun stash house with a cache of weapons, including two stolen shotguns.
On Jan. 9, Sheriff’s officers were checking on the status of a person being electronically monitored in the 1300 block of Tripp and noticed a door to the home propped open by a t-shirt. The door led to a second floor apartment which was vacant except for a couch, three rifles equipped with scopes and two shotguns, later determined to have been stolen from Woodstock, Illinois.
These patrols and compliance checks are components of the Sheriff’s Chicago Initiative aimed at targeting gun offenders and reducing violence within the City of Chicago.
An investigation into the weapons, including the stolen shotguns, is ongoing.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Charged after Loaded Gun, Suspected Heroin Found During Court-Ordered EvictionTwo people have been charged with multiple felonies after a loaded firearm and [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant who Leapt to His Escape ApprehendedCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today that an electronically monitored defendant who [Read More]
- Electronically Monitored Defendant Jumps from Balcony, FleesThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a 23-year-old man who was [Read More]
- Detainee Charged in Attack on Cook County Jail StaffA detainee has been charged after a Sheriff’s Office investigation found he attacked a Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Launches Program to Address Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today the launch of the Sheriff’s Opioid Addiction [Read More]