Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General Public
Posted on June 29th, 2020
Three weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three months due to the continuing trend of low COVID-19 cases at the Cook County Department of Corrections (DOC). Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is proud to announce that visitors to the DOC and members of the community, can also be tested for COVID-19 at The New Roseland Hospital (2828 W 31st Street, Building 4-Post 7 entrance).
“The health and well-being of the families of our detainees and members of our community is important. By providing testing right on site of DOC makes it very convenient for our community and visitors”, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said.
The DOC and Cermak Health Services, a division of Cook County Health Services, continue to be aggressive in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19. An aggressive plan centered on strategic testing protocols, comprehensive social distancing measures, and immediate isolation and quarantine of symptomatic individuals has led to the containment and steep decline in the number of new cases. Currently, there are 16 detainees in custody who are positive for the COVID-19.
“After testing hundreds of Cook County Sheriff Office staff we are pleased to expand testing to the community” said Tim Egan, CEO at Roseland Community Hospital. A limited amount of nasal swab tests will be available each day. Results will be available in 4-5 days. Testing dates and times will change each week. To find updated information on testing call Roseland Hospital main phone number 773-995-3000.
“We hope by providing testing it takes some of the burden out of these uncertain times”, said Sheriff Thomas J. Dart.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- CDC Study Finds Aggressive, Timely Interventions Dramatically Reduced COVID-19 Case at Cook County JailAggressive, comprehensive measures implemented at Cook County Jail caused a dramatic decline in the [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Resumes In-Person Visitation for Detainees at Cook County JailIn-person family visits have resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart, New Roseland Community Hospital Opens COVID-19 Test Site for Sheriff’s Office EmployeesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced that a mobile COVID-19 testing site opened today at [Read More]