Sheriff’s Office Opens Testing at The New Roseland Hospital for General Public
Posted on June 29th, 2020
Three weeks ago in-person visitation resumed at the Cook County Jail for the first time in nearly three months due to the continuing trend of low COVID-19 cases at the Cook County Department of Corrections (DOC). Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is proud to announce that visitors to the DOC and members of the community, can also be tested for COVID-19 at The New Roseland Hospital (2828 W 31st Street, Building 4-Post 7 entrance).
“The health and well-being of the families of our detainees and members of our community is important. By providing testing right on site of DOC makes it very convenient for our community and visitors”, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said.
The DOC and Cermak Health Services, a division of Cook County Health Services, continue to be aggressive in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19. An aggressive plan centered on strategic testing protocols, comprehensive social distancing measures, and immediate isolation and quarantine of symptomatic individuals has led to the containment and steep decline in the number of new cases. Currently, there are 16 detainees in custody who are positive for the COVID-19.
“After testing hundreds of Cook County Sheriff Office staff we are pleased to expand testing to the community” said Tim Egan, CEO at Roseland Community Hospital. A limited amount of nasal swab tests will be available each day. Results will be available in 4-5 days. Testing dates and times will change each week. To find updated information on testing call Roseland Hospital main phone number 773-995-3000.
“We hope by providing testing it takes some of the burden out of these uncertain times”, said Sheriff Thomas J. Dart.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Office Partners with Loretto Hospital for Staff COVID TestingCOOK COUNTY, IL – As the city of Chicago continues to battle a second wave of COVID-19 cases, the [Read More]
- In-Person Visitation Temporarily Suspended at Cook County JailWith the number of COVID-19 cases in Chicago and Cook County on the rise, and in light of the [Read More]
- COVID-19 Rise in Community Leads to Case Increase in Cook County JailAs the Chicago area experiences a significant rise in COVID-19 cases, the Cook County Jail is also [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Co-Responder Virtual Substance Abuse Assistance ProgramCOOK COUNTY, IL – With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting new challenges, Cook County Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]