Sheriff’s Office Mourns Passing of Training Academy Police Officer
Posted on September 21st, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office gives the final farewell to Sheriff’s Police Officer and Training Academy Instructor Jason Gallero.
Where: Divine Providence Catholic Church (2550 Mayfair Ave, Westchester)
When: Wednesday, September 21, 10a.m.
Officer Gallero passed away Thursday, September 15, after collapsing during a colors run, a 5K race that welcomes new recruits to the police force and salutes law enforcement who, like Gallero, died in the line of duty.
A 22-year veteran of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, Officer Gallero began his career in the Department of Corrections in 1994 before joining the Sheriff’s Police Department in 2002.
He was a loving father to his daughter and a respected instructor to recruits of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies across Cook County.
He touched many lives and will be truly missed.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]