Sheriff’s Office Mourns Passing of Training Academy Police Officer
Posted on September 21st, 2016
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office gives the final farewell to Sheriff’s Police Officer and Training Academy Instructor Jason Gallero.
Where: Divine Providence Catholic Church (2550 Mayfair Ave, Westchester)
When: Wednesday, September 21, 10a.m.
Officer Gallero passed away Thursday, September 15, after collapsing during a colors run, a 5K race that welcomes new recruits to the police force and salutes law enforcement who, like Gallero, died in the line of duty.
A 22-year veteran of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, Officer Gallero began his career in the Department of Corrections in 1994 before joining the Sheriff’s Police Department in 2002.
He was a loving father to his daughter and a respected instructor to recruits of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies across Cook County.
He touched many lives and will be truly missed.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]