Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process Requests
Posted on July 22nd, 2019
Individuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, convenient way to do so.
The Sheriff’s Office E-filing Portal allows members of the public to request service for documents, such as summons and subpoenas, upload documents for each case in which service is requested, and pay Sheriff’s Office service fees from any computer with an Internet connection. The portal may be found on the Sheriff’s website here.
The E-File portal creates a more efficient way to submit requests for service, saving requestors from having to deliver paperwork to the Sheriff’s Office in person or by mail. Last year, the Sheriff’s Office received approximately 280,000 filings that would have been eligible to be filed via the Sheriff’s E-File portal.
The public may continue to file their requests for service in person at any Cook County Sheriff’s Office civil process location or by mailing their papers and payment to the Sheriff’s Office’s Daley Center civil process office.
Enforcement orders, such as orders of protection, eviction orders and body attachment orders, are not eligible to be filed through the online portal at this time.
Users are reminded that they must file the paperwork for cases heard in Cook County with the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court before they are filed with the Sheriff’s Office for service. If the case is being heard in a jurisdiction other than Cook County, the papers must be filed with court clerk’s office in the jurisdiction in which the case will be heard before filing a service request.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]