Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process Requests
Posted on July 22nd, 2019
Individuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, convenient way to do so.
The Sheriff’s Office E-filing Portal allows members of the public to request service for documents, such as summons and subpoenas, upload documents for each case in which service is requested, and pay Sheriff’s Office service fees from any computer with an Internet connection. The portal may be found on the Sheriff’s website here.
The E-File portal creates a more efficient way to submit requests for service, saving requestors from having to deliver paperwork to the Sheriff’s Office in person or by mail. Last year, the Sheriff’s Office received approximately 280,000 filings that would have been eligible to be filed via the Sheriff’s E-File portal.
The public may continue to file their requests for service in person at any Cook County Sheriff’s Office civil process location or by mailing their papers and payment to the Sheriff’s Office’s Daley Center civil process office.
Enforcement orders, such as orders of protection, eviction orders and body attachment orders, are not eligible to be filed through the online portal at this time.
Users are reminded that they must file the paperwork for cases heard in Cook County with the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court before they are filed with the Sheriff’s Office for service. If the case is being heard in a jurisdiction other than Cook County, the papers must be filed with court clerk’s office in the jurisdiction in which the case will be heard before filing a service request.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]