Sheriff’s Office Conducting DUI, Seatbelt Enforcement Super Bowl Weekend
Posted on February 3rd, 2017
Cook County Sheriff’s Police are scheduled to conduct enhanced patrols this weekend, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Sheriff’s Police are conducting countywide DUI enforcement patrols today, Saturday and Sunday nights. They will also be on the lookout for those violating seatbelt laws, today, Saturday and Monday.
During the last seatbelt enforcement period – Dec. 16, 2016 to Jan. 2, 2017 — Sheriff’s Police issued 77 citations for seat belt violations, 34 for speeding and found six individuals driving on a suspended or revoked license.
The enhanced patrols are funded through grants from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public to drive responsibly. Designate a driver.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]