Sheriff’s Office to Conduct Traffic Safety Checkpoints, Specialized Enforcement
Posted on August 29th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct roadside safety checkpoints, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
A roadside safety checkpoint will be held tonight through early Sunday morning in Calumet City.
Upcoming safety checkpoints are scheduled for:
The night of Sept. 11 into the morning hours of Sept. 12 in South Holland
The night of Sept. 18 into the morning hours of Sept. 19 in South Chicago Heights
At the checkpoints officers will ensure drivers are complying with Illinois driver’s license and registration requirements as well as determine whether anyone is driving impaired.
The checkpoints’ aim is to emphasize roadway safety, increase seatbelt usage by motorists, promote the importance of safe travel, and help reduce the number of vehicle crashes in Cook County.
In addition, Sheriff’s Police will conduct specialized DUI enforcement patrols on Sept. 3 in South Suburban Cook County and countywide enforcement patrols focusing on seatbelt violators Sept. 1 through Sept. 2 and Sept. 4 through Sept. 7
The checkpoints and the enforcement patrols are funded through grants from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]