Sheriff’s Office to Conduct Traffic Safety Checkpoints, Specialized Enforcement
Posted on August 29th, 2015
Cook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct roadside safety checkpoints, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart said today.
A roadside safety checkpoint will be held tonight through early Sunday morning in Calumet City.
Upcoming safety checkpoints are scheduled for:
The night of Sept. 11 into the morning hours of Sept. 12 in South Holland
The night of Sept. 18 into the morning hours of Sept. 19 in South Chicago Heights
At the checkpoints officers will ensure drivers are complying with Illinois driver’s license and registration requirements as well as determine whether anyone is driving impaired.
The checkpoints’ aim is to emphasize roadway safety, increase seatbelt usage by motorists, promote the importance of safe travel, and help reduce the number of vehicle crashes in Cook County.
In addition, Sheriff’s Police will conduct specialized DUI enforcement patrols on Sept. 3 in South Suburban Cook County and countywide enforcement patrols focusing on seatbelt violators Sept. 1 through Sept. 2 and Sept. 4 through Sept. 7
The checkpoints and the enforcement patrols are funded through grants from the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]