Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help in Identifying Offender in Aggravated Kidnapping, Sexual Assault
Posted on September 18th, 2017
Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying an offender who kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman last week.
On Sept. 12, a 44-year-old Chicago woman reported that a male subject forced her into a vehicle at approximately 2:30 a.m. that day at gunpoint near 108th Street and Michigan Avenue in Chicago. She was driven to the area of 171st Street and Cicero Avenue in unincorporated Country Club Hills, where she was sexually assaulted. After the assault, the offender pushed her out of the vehicle and drove away. A passerby called 9-1-1 after finding the victim walking on Cicero Avenue.
The offender is described as male, black, approximately 5’6″ to 5’7″ tall with a medium build and long dreadlocks.
Sheriff Dart asks anyone with information about this offender to contact Sheriff’s Police detectives at 708-865-4896 or 847-635-1188.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]