Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault Charges
Posted on July 2nd, 2019
A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual Assault, Solicitation of Child Pornography and other charges for her alleged conduct involving two juvenile students at Jordan Baptist School, announced Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today.
Shannon Griffin, 49, of Oak Lawn, was taken into custody on July 1 after a month-long Sheriff’s Police investigation found that she engaged in sexual conduct with a minor who was enrolled at the school. The investigation also revealed that Griffin sent nude pictures and videos of herself to and requested nude pictures from the minor and another juvenile victim, also enrolled at the school.
The investigation revealed that the conduct started in 2013 and continued until March of 2019. In total, Griffin has been charged with five counts of Criminal Sexual Assault, one count of Solicitation of Child Pornography, one count of Distribution of Harmful Materials and one count of Grooming.
Griffin is expected to appear in bond court at the Bridgeview Courthouse on Wednesday, July 3.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with further information is encouraged to call Sheriff’s Police at (708) 865-4720.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]