Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault Charges
Posted on July 2nd, 2019
A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual Assault, Solicitation of Child Pornography and other charges for her alleged conduct involving two juvenile students at Jordan Baptist School, announced Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today.
Shannon Griffin, 49, of Oak Lawn, was taken into custody on July 1 after a month-long Sheriff’s Police investigation found that she engaged in sexual conduct with a minor who was enrolled at the school. The investigation also revealed that Griffin sent nude pictures and videos of herself to and requested nude pictures from the minor and another juvenile victim, also enrolled at the school.
The investigation revealed that the conduct started in 2013 and continued until March of 2019. In total, Griffin has been charged with five counts of Criminal Sexual Assault, one count of Solicitation of Child Pornography, one count of Distribution of Harmful Materials and one count of Grooming.
Griffin is expected to appear in bond court at the Bridgeview Courthouse on Wednesday, July 3.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with further information is encouraged to call Sheriff’s Police at (708) 865-4720.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]