Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault Charges
Posted on July 2nd, 2019
A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual Assault, Solicitation of Child Pornography and other charges for her alleged conduct involving two juvenile students at Jordan Baptist School, announced Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today.
Shannon Griffin, 49, of Oak Lawn, was taken into custody on July 1 after a month-long Sheriff’s Police investigation found that she engaged in sexual conduct with a minor who was enrolled at the school. The investigation also revealed that Griffin sent nude pictures and videos of herself to and requested nude pictures from the minor and another juvenile victim, also enrolled at the school.
The investigation revealed that the conduct started in 2013 and continued until March of 2019. In total, Griffin has been charged with five counts of Criminal Sexual Assault, one count of Solicitation of Child Pornography, one count of Distribution of Harmful Materials and one count of Grooming.
Griffin is expected to appear in bond court at the Bridgeview Courthouse on Wednesday, July 3.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with further information is encouraged to call Sheriff’s Police at (708) 865-4720.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]