Prescription Drug Take Back Events
The Cook County Sheriff’s Prescription Drug Take Back Program partners with government, community organizations, health organizations and other not-for profit groups to hold community prescription drug take back events throughout the year.
We ordinarily schedule events throughout the week 9:00 am to 2:00 p.m. We will provide a sworn officer and a secure collection box for the event.
We can help craft promotional material for an event.
Let us help publicize the event through our web page and through our Partners network.
Fill out the Event Form under the tab above and submit via this web page or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prescription Drug Take Back Event Form
Join the Cook County Sheriff’s Prescription Take Back Program and sponsor a Prescription Drug Take Back Event in your community. Let us know of any Prescription Drug Take Back Events that are being scheduled in your area. The Sheriff’s Prescription Take Back Program would be glad to assist with collection and destruction of unwanted and unneeded prescription drugs where possible.
This program is intended exclusively for Cook County residents to help reduce the presence of unwanted and unneeded prescription drugs. Event assistance is subject to schedule availability and program collection criteria.
ACCEPTED: Medications in any pill dosage form, legally held controlled drugs and narcotics (Schedules II, III, IV and V) except for items listed below.
NOT ACCEPTED: Liquids, illicit drugs (Schedule I controlled substances) such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, herbal remedies, vitamins, supplements, cosmetics, other personal care products, compressed cylinders, aerosols, inhalers, pet pesticide products, iodine-containing medications, needles, syringes, lancets, injection pens, medical waste, chemo/cytotoxic drugs or contaminated materials such as gloves, tubing, or IV bags, batteries, aerosol spray cans, trash or other hazardous materials.
Fillable Event Form will be coming soon. Access a printable paper copy of the form here.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]