Prescription Drug Take Back Events
The Cook County Sheriff’s Prescription Drug Take Back Program partners with government, community organizations, health organizations and other not-for profit groups to hold community prescription drug take back events throughout the year.
We ordinarily schedule events throughout the week 9:00 am to 2:00 p.m. We will provide a sworn officer and a secure collection box for the event.
We can help craft promotional material for an event.
Let us help publicize the event through our web page and through our Partners network.
Fill out the Event Form under the Event Form tab above. It will automatically transmit your request to the Sheriff’s Prescription Drug Take Back Program. Our staff will contact you at the email address that you provided in your submitted Event Form. Thank you.
Prescription Drug Take Back Event Form
Join the Cook County Sheriff’s Prescription Take Back Program to sponsor a Prescription Drug Take Back Event in your community or to let us know of any Prescription Drug Take Back Events that are being scheduled in your area. The Sheriff’s Prescription Take Back Program would be glad to assist with collection and destruction of unwanted and unneeded prescription drugs where possible.
This program is intended exclusively for Cook County residents to help reduce the presence of unwanted and unneeded prescription drugs. Event assistance is subject to schedule availability and program collection criteria.
ACCEPTED: Medications in any pill dosage form, legally held controlled drugs and narcotics (Schedules II, III, IV and V) except for items listed below.
NOT ACCEPTED: Liquids, illicit drugs (Schedule I controlled substances) such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, herbal remedies, vitamins, supplements, cosmetics, other personal care products, compressed cylinders, aerosols, inhalers, pet pesticide products, iodine-containing medications, needles, syringes, lancets, injection pens, medical waste, chemo/cytotoxic drugs or contaminated materials such as gloves, tubing, or IV bags, batteries, aerosol spray cans, trash or other hazardous materials.
June 29 2019 – Village of Robbins Clean Up
June 29 2019 – Community Health Fair
June 29 2019 – Maple Park Event
July 13 2019 – 36th Ward Community Recycling Day
July 24 2019 – Community Health Fair
August 3 2019 – 36th Ward Community Recycling Day
September 28 2019 – 36th Ward Community Recycling Day
September 28 2019 – State Rep. Kathleen Willis Takeback Event
June 18 2019 – 2nd Ward Community Recycling Day
June 18 2019 – 80th District Spring Cleaning
June 15 2019 – 30th District Community Recycling Day
June 12 2019 – 14th Ward Community Recycling Day
June 8 2019 – Community Health Fair
May 18 2019 – MWRD Open House
May 15 2019 – Community Health Fair
May 11 2019 – Village of Robbins Clean Up Event
April 22 2019 – Celebrate Earth Day
April 10 2019 – Malcolm X Health Expo
April 6 2019 – 2nd Ward Recycling Day
September 23 2017 – Community Recycling Day
Recent Press Releases
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]