Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside Bar
Posted on August 1st, 2019
A Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a bar in the south suburban village last month, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Demitri M. Boykin, 37, of the 13700 block of South Troy in Robbins, appeared in bond court today on charges of attempted murder and aggravated discharge of a firearm for the shooting that injured a 33-year-old man and a 37-year-old woman, both from Robbins.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police learned that on July 6, Boykin shot at the victims after a brief altercation with the male victim in the parking lot of the Cozy Corner Bar, 3702 W. 139th St. in Robbins.
Boykin was ordered held in lieu of a $250,000 D-bond at a hearing at the Markham Courthouse.
Boykin’s next court date is scheduled for August 21 in Markham.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]