Partner to Help Make Thanksgiving Special for Residents
Posted on November 23rd, 2016
The Office of Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart and the Housing Authority of Cook County joined together this week to provide free turkeys to Housing Authority residents, just in time for Thanksgiving.
The agencies provided 500 families on Monday afternoon. The families are residents of Housing Authority locations in Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Harvey, Park Forest and Robbins. The Sheriff’s Office received the turkeys from a donor who wished to remain anonymous.
Turkeys were distributed at the Sheriff’s Police substation in Ford Heights and the Richard Flowers Community Room in Robbins.
Housing Authority of Cook County Executive Director Richard Monocchio expressed thanks to the Sheriff’s Office and the anonymous donor for their generosity to the residents.
Families look forward to this occasion every year and were extremely grateful for the kind gesture.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]