Partner to Help Make Thanksgiving Special for Residents
Posted on November 23rd, 2016
The Office of Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart and the Housing Authority of Cook County joined together this week to provide free turkeys to Housing Authority residents, just in time for Thanksgiving.
The agencies provided 500 families on Monday afternoon. The families are residents of Housing Authority locations in Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Harvey, Park Forest and Robbins. The Sheriff’s Office received the turkeys from a donor who wished to remain anonymous.
Turkeys were distributed at the Sheriff’s Police substation in Ford Heights and the Richard Flowers Community Room in Robbins.
Housing Authority of Cook County Executive Director Richard Monocchio expressed thanks to the Sheriff’s Office and the anonymous donor for their generosity to the residents.
Families look forward to this occasion every year and were extremely grateful for the kind gesture.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]