Partner to Help Make Thanksgiving Special for Residents
Posted on November 23rd, 2016
The Office of Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart and the Housing Authority of Cook County joined together this week to provide free turkeys to Housing Authority residents, just in time for Thanksgiving.
The agencies provided 500 families on Monday afternoon. The families are residents of Housing Authority locations in Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, Harvey, Park Forest and Robbins. The Sheriff’s Office received the turkeys from a donor who wished to remain anonymous.
Turkeys were distributed at the Sheriff’s Police substation in Ford Heights and the Richard Flowers Community Room in Robbins.
Housing Authority of Cook County Executive Director Richard Monocchio expressed thanks to the Sheriff’s Office and the anonymous donor for their generosity to the residents.
Families look forward to this occasion every year and were extremely grateful for the kind gesture.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart’s Child Rescue Unit Locates 1000th Youth in CareCOOK COUNTY, IL – The Cook County Sheriff’s Police Child Rescue Unit (CRU) located its 1,000th [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Chess Team Places Second in International Chess TournamentCOOK COUNTY, IL – Seven individuals in custody at the Cook County Jail competed this morning in an [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Multiple Felonies for Explicit Texts, Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A Chicago man who engaged in sexually explicit conversations and sent graphic [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spotlights Public-Facing Community Resource CenterCOOK COUNTY, IL – With significant challenges facing Chicago area residents who struggle with [Read More]
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]