Parolee Charged with Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal Institution
Posted on March 26th, 2018
A 27-year-old parolee has been charged with attempting to bring cannabis into a penal institution after an ongoing Cook County Sheriff’s Office investigation found that he left a package containing marijuana under an inmate-only bathroom door at Stroger hospital, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Jan. 30, Cook County correctional staff found approximately 6 grams of suspected marijuana in the inmate bathroom. With the assistance of Stroger Hospital Police, Sheriff’s Office investigators identified David Fuller, who is on parole following an aggravated battery conviction, as the person who had placed the package under the bathroom doorway. Sheriff’s Office investigators also learned that Fuller left it there for a Cook County Jail inmate, who was at Stroger for an appointment.
Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested Fuller, of the 1900 block of South Drake Avenue in Chicago, on March 20. His bond was set at $3,000-D during his March 21 court appearance at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building. He was released on bond later that day as the Illinois Department of Corrections declined to issue a parole violation warrant.
This is an ongoing investigation.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]