Parolee Charged with Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal Institution
Posted on March 26th, 2018
A 27-year-old parolee has been charged with attempting to bring cannabis into a penal institution after an ongoing Cook County Sheriff’s Office investigation found that he left a package containing marijuana under an inmate-only bathroom door at Stroger hospital, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Jan. 30, Cook County correctional staff found approximately 6 grams of suspected marijuana in the inmate bathroom. With the assistance of Stroger Hospital Police, Sheriff’s Office investigators identified David Fuller, who is on parole following an aggravated battery conviction, as the person who had placed the package under the bathroom doorway. Sheriff’s Office investigators also learned that Fuller left it there for a Cook County Jail inmate, who was at Stroger for an appointment.
Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested Fuller, of the 1900 block of South Drake Avenue in Chicago, on March 20. His bond was set at $3,000-D during his March 21 court appearance at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building. He was released on bond later that day as the Illinois Department of Corrections declined to issue a parole violation warrant.
This is an ongoing investigation.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]
- Traffic Stop Leads to Unlawful Use of a Weapon Charge against DriverAn Indiana man has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after a stun gun was found [Read More]