Parolee Charged with Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal Institution
Posted on March 26th, 2018
A 27-year-old parolee has been charged with attempting to bring cannabis into a penal institution after an ongoing Cook County Sheriff’s Office investigation found that he left a package containing marijuana under an inmate-only bathroom door at Stroger hospital, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Jan. 30, Cook County correctional staff found approximately 6 grams of suspected marijuana in the inmate bathroom. With the assistance of Stroger Hospital Police, Sheriff’s Office investigators identified David Fuller, who is on parole following an aggravated battery conviction, as the person who had placed the package under the bathroom doorway. Sheriff’s Office investigators also learned that Fuller left it there for a Cook County Jail inmate, who was at Stroger for an appointment.
Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested Fuller, of the 1900 block of South Drake Avenue in Chicago, on March 20. His bond was set at $3,000-D during his March 21 court appearance at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building. He was released on bond later that day as the Illinois Department of Corrections declined to issue a parole violation warrant.
This is an ongoing investigation.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Officer Saves Woman’s Life with NaloxoneA woman is alive after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police officer equipped with naloxone used the [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of MurderA Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal InstitutionA Cook County Jail detainee has been indicted after a Sheriff’s Office investigation identified him [Read More]
- Eight Detainees Face Mob Action Charges Following Jail FightEight Cook County Jail detainees found to have been involved in a fight on a maximum security [Read More]
- Three Charged in Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault of TeenagerThree men have been charged after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had [Read More]