Parolee Charged with Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal Institution
Posted on March 26th, 2018
A 27-year-old parolee has been charged with attempting to bring cannabis into a penal institution after an ongoing Cook County Sheriff’s Office investigation found that he left a package containing marijuana under an inmate-only bathroom door at Stroger hospital, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Jan. 30, Cook County correctional staff found approximately 6 grams of suspected marijuana in the inmate bathroom. With the assistance of Stroger Hospital Police, Sheriff’s Office investigators identified David Fuller, who is on parole following an aggravated battery conviction, as the person who had placed the package under the bathroom doorway. Sheriff’s Office investigators also learned that Fuller left it there for a Cook County Jail inmate, who was at Stroger for an appointment.
Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested Fuller, of the 1900 block of South Drake Avenue in Chicago, on March 20. His bond was set at $3,000-D during his March 21 court appearance at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building. He was released on bond later that day as the Illinois Department of Corrections declined to issue a parole violation warrant.
This is an ongoing investigation.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]