Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found
Posted on February 16th, 2019
Two men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition were found during the execution of a search warrant in Ford Heights, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. on Feb. 14, Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in the 1400 block of 14th Place in Ford Heights in connection with a drug investigation. During the search of the residence, they found a .40 caliber handgun with a loaded magazine, a 9 mm handgun with a loaded extended magazine, a drum magazine with approximately 50 rounds, 250 rounds of ammunition, four additional magazines, approximately $9,200 and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found suspected ecstasy and cannabis.
On Feb. 15, following additional investigation, Brentez Davis, 29, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor, and a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis. Melvin Nixon, 29, was charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. Both men lived at the residence.
Davis and Nixon are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]