Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found
Posted on February 16th, 2019
Two men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition were found during the execution of a search warrant in Ford Heights, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. on Feb. 14, Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in the 1400 block of 14th Place in Ford Heights in connection with a drug investigation. During the search of the residence, they found a .40 caliber handgun with a loaded magazine, a 9 mm handgun with a loaded extended magazine, a drum magazine with approximately 50 rounds, 250 rounds of ammunition, four additional magazines, approximately $9,200 and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found suspected ecstasy and cannabis.
On Feb. 15, following additional investigation, Brentez Davis, 29, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor, and a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis. Melvin Nixon, 29, was charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. Both men lived at the residence.
Davis and Nixon are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in ApartmentA Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]