Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found
Posted on February 16th, 2019
Two men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition were found during the execution of a search warrant in Ford Heights, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 9 a.m. on Feb. 14, Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in the 1400 block of 14th Place in Ford Heights in connection with a drug investigation. During the search of the residence, they found a .40 caliber handgun with a loaded magazine, a 9 mm handgun with a loaded extended magazine, a drum magazine with approximately 50 rounds, 250 rounds of ammunition, four additional magazines, approximately $9,200 and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found suspected ecstasy and cannabis.
On Feb. 15, following additional investigation, Brentez Davis, 29, was charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor, and a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis. Melvin Nixon, 29, was charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. Both men lived at the residence.
Davis and Nixon are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]