Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest Shooting
Posted on July 4th, 2019
Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in connection with the shooting of another man, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. on July 1, Sheriff’s Police were notified that a 20-year-old Crestwood man had been shot in the roadway in the14600 block of Justamere Road. The victim sought help at the nearby Camp Sullivan campgrounds. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center for treatment, where he remains hospitalized.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the offenders involved as Ha Zell Williams, of the 6200 block of S. Aberdeen Street in Chicago, and Dashaun Colbert of Oak Forest.
Both were charged on July 3 with attempt murder and are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Program to Help At-Risk MissingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office is making free scent kits and training available to the public to [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]