Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest Shooting
Posted on July 4th, 2019
Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in connection with the shooting of another man, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. on July 1, Sheriff’s Police were notified that a 20-year-old Crestwood man had been shot in the roadway in the14600 block of Justamere Road. The victim sought help at the nearby Camp Sullivan campgrounds. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center for treatment, where he remains hospitalized.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the offenders involved as Ha Zell Williams, of the 6200 block of S. Aberdeen Street in Chicago, and Dashaun Colbert of Oak Forest.
Both were charged on July 3 with attempt murder and are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution, Armed Habitual Criminal Following Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit InvestigationA 31-year-old Chicago man has been charged with promoting prostitution and armed habitual criminal [Read More]