Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest Shooting
Posted on July 4th, 2019
Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in connection with the shooting of another man, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. on July 1, Sheriff’s Police were notified that a 20-year-old Crestwood man had been shot in the roadway in the14600 block of Justamere Road. The victim sought help at the nearby Camp Sullivan campgrounds. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center for treatment, where he remains hospitalized.
During their investigation, Sheriff’s Police detectives identified the offenders involved as Ha Zell Williams, of the 6200 block of S. Aberdeen Street in Chicago, and Dashaun Colbert of Oak Forest.
Both were charged on July 3 with attempt murder and are scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]