The Office of Professional Review
The Office of Professional Review (O.P.R.) is the department within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that ensures employee misconduct will not be tolerated. O.P.R. is comprised of a group of trained investigators who conduct criminal and administrative investigations based upon complaints or allegations made against Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees.
As part of misconduct investigations, O.P.R. verifies compliance with all Cook County Sheriff General Orders, the Uniform Police Officers Disciplinary Act and all applicable laws for all civilian and sworn personnel employed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
All complaints against Cook County Sheriff’s Office sworn personnel (Correctional Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Police Officers) MUST be notarized before being submitted in order to comply with Illinois State Law 50 ILCS 725/3.8(b).
To file a complaint against an employee of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, please click on the link below:
Office of Professional Review
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 South California
Building 2, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60608-5110
If you are aware of any unlawful political discrimination that has occurred or is occurring, in addition to notifying the Compliance Officer, you may also report the incident to the Office of Professional Review at (773) 674-7545.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]