The Office of Professional Review
The Office of Professional Review (O.P.R.) is the department within the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that ensures employee misconduct will not be tolerated. O.P.R. is comprised of a group of trained investigators who conduct criminal and administrative investigations based upon complaints or allegations made against Cook County Sheriff’s Office employees.
As part of misconduct investigations, O.P.R. verifies compliance with all Cook County Sheriff General Orders, the Uniform Police Officers Disciplinary Act and all applicable laws for all civilian and sworn personnel employed by the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.
All complaints against Cook County Sheriff’s Office sworn personnel (Correctional Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Police Officers) MUST be notarized before being submitted in order to comply with Illinois State Law 50 ILCS 725/3.8(b).
To file a complaint against an employee of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department, please click on the link below:
Office of Professional Review
Cook County Sheriff’s Office
3026 South California
Building 2, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60608-5110
If you are aware of any unlawful political discrimination that has occurred or is occurring, in addition to notifying the Compliance Officer, you may also report the incident to the Office of Professional Review at (773) 674-7545.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Criminal Sexual AbuseA 51-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart Launches Community Resource CenterIn light of the impending evictions crisis and growing need for mental health, substance abuse, and [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Announces Electronic Monitoring Program Transition from Radio Frequency to GPS BraceletsTo address the continued increase of criminal defendants court-ordered to the Sheriff’s Electronic [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police and Deputies Assist Chicago Police Department with LootingThe Cook County Sheriff’s Office deployed approximately 120 additional officers to the South and [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Calls for Legislation to Require FOID Card Verification to Prevent Illegal Ammunition PurchasesCOOK COUNTY, IL – With Chicago reeling from a sharp increase in shootings and gun-related homicides [Read More]