Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with Trafficking
Posted on December 5th, 2020
A 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old girl, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Friday, Nov. 6, the Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit began its investigation after receiving information from the juvenile court that the juvenile was missing and was at a high risk of being trafficked.
The search for the juvenile continued until approximately 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 2 when officers found the victim and the alleged offender, 37-year-old Etheridge Nealy, of the 7200 block of South Evans Avenue in Chicago, in a vehicle parked in the 8200 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue in Chicago.
Both were transported to the Sheriff’s Police headquarters in Maywood, where Nealy made post-Miranda statements that he rented motel rooms for the girl to engage in prostitution and provided transportation to calls. The victim relayed it was understood that she was to give all the money to Nealy.
Nealy faces charges that include felony trafficking of persons, felony promoting prostitution and felony involuntary servitude. He appeared in bond court Saturday, Dec. 5, and was given an $150,000 D bond.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Woman Charged with First Degree Murder Following a March Shooting in Unincorporated Proviso TownshipCOOK COUNTY, IL –A Chicago woman who allegedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man in an incident [Read More]
- Des Plaines Man Charged with Attempt Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse of a Minor and Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 69-year-old Des Plaines man has been charged with multiple felonies after he [Read More]
- Crestwood Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyCOOK COUNTY, IL – An 18-year-old Crestwood man has been charged with possession of child [Read More]
- 21 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Oak Lawn Man Charged in Death of Hometown Police LieutenantCOOK COUNTY, IL – An Oak Lawn man who allegedly struck and killed a Hometown Police Lieutenant [Read More]