Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with Trafficking
Posted on December 5th, 2020
A 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old girl, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Friday, Nov. 6, the Sheriff’s Police Special Victim’s Unit began its investigation after receiving information from the juvenile court that the juvenile was missing and was at a high risk of being trafficked.
The search for the juvenile continued until approximately 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 2 when officers found the victim and the alleged offender, 37-year-old Etheridge Nealy, of the 7200 block of South Evans Avenue in Chicago, in a vehicle parked in the 8200 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue in Chicago.
Both were transported to the Sheriff’s Police headquarters in Maywood, where Nealy made post-Miranda statements that he rented motel rooms for the girl to engage in prostitution and provided transportation to calls. The victim relayed it was understood that she was to give all the money to Nealy.
Nealy faces charges that include felony trafficking of persons, felony promoting prostitution and felony involuntary servitude. He appeared in bond court Saturday, Dec. 5, and was given an $150,000 D bond.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police K9 “Lula Belle” Finds Missing Person in StegerA Willow Springs man who was reported missing was safely located by Sheriff’s Police K9 Lula Belle [Read More]