Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on January 13th, 2018
Three maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who have been charged with aggravated battery to staff in the last 30 days, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
From Dec. 12 to Jan. 12, 26 detainees have been charged with aggravated battery to staff. Some of those include:
Anthony Jones who was arrested on Jan. 6 for punching a correctional deputy in Division 10 housing unit on Jan.5. Jones, 26, was originally booked in 2011 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250854556/ea628bfecf
Jordan Whitaker, 24, was arrested on Dec. 29 for striking a correctional deputy multiple times in the face and body on Dec. 28 in Division 9. Whitaker, who was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on aggravated criminal sexual assault case, was also charged with resisting a peace officer. Video: https://vimeo.com/250871533/7f90813148
Arthur Walker, 26, was arrested on Dec. 29 for punching a correctional deputy multiple times on Dec. 5 in Division 9. Walker was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250861554/b50b98a1f9
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Jail Detainee Charged with Sexual Exploitation of a ChildA maximum security Cook County Jail detainee has been charged after an investigation found he [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Spreads Awareness of Opioid Crisis and NaloxoneCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart launched an email helpline today to connect people to [Read More]
- IDOC Parolee Charged with UUW after Sheriff’s Police Recover Stolen GunA man paroled less than two months ago following weapon and drug convictions has been charged with [Read More]
- Detainee Charged with Threatening Assistant Public DefenderA Cook County Jail detainee has been charged with threatening his public defender, Sheriff Thomas [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Uncovers Gun Stash HouseWhile on patrol and conducting compliance checks in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood, [Read More]