Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on January 13th, 2018
Three maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who have been charged with aggravated battery to staff in the last 30 days, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
From Dec. 12 to Jan. 12, 26 detainees have been charged with aggravated battery to staff. Some of those include:
Anthony Jones who was arrested on Jan. 6 for punching a correctional deputy in Division 10 housing unit on Jan.5. Jones, 26, was originally booked in 2011 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250854556/ea628bfecf
Jordan Whitaker, 24, was arrested on Dec. 29 for striking a correctional deputy multiple times in the face and body on Dec. 28 in Division 9. Whitaker, who was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on aggravated criminal sexual assault case, was also charged with resisting a peace officer. Video: https://vimeo.com/250871533/7f90813148
Arthur Walker, 26, was arrested on Dec. 29 for punching a correctional deputy multiple times on Dec. 5 in Division 9. Walker was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250861554/b50b98a1f9
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security InvestigationAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]