Maximum Security Detainees Charged in Aggravated Battery to Staff
Posted on January 13th, 2018
Three maximum security Cook County Jail detainees are among more than two dozen individuals who have been charged with aggravated battery to staff in the last 30 days, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
From Dec. 12 to Jan. 12, 26 detainees have been charged with aggravated battery to staff. Some of those include:
Anthony Jones who was arrested on Jan. 6 for punching a correctional deputy in Division 10 housing unit on Jan.5. Jones, 26, was originally booked in 2011 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250854556/ea628bfecf
Jordan Whitaker, 24, was arrested on Dec. 29 for striking a correctional deputy multiple times in the face and body on Dec. 28 in Division 9. Whitaker, who was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on aggravated criminal sexual assault case, was also charged with resisting a peace officer. Video: https://vimeo.com/250871533/7f90813148
Arthur Walker, 26, was arrested on Dec. 29 for punching a correctional deputy multiple times on Dec. 5 in Division 9. Walker was originally booked into the jail in 2014 on a murder case. Video: https://vimeo.com/250861554/b50b98a1f9
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Officer Saves Woman’s Life with NaloxoneA woman is alive after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police officer equipped with naloxone used the [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Sentenced to 15 Years for Solicitation of MurderA Cook County Jail inmate has been sentenced to 15 years for solicitation of murder in which he [Read More]
- Cook County Jail Detainee Indicted on Charge of Attempting to Bring Cannabis into a Penal InstitutionA Cook County Jail detainee has been indicted after a Sheriff’s Office investigation identified him [Read More]
- Eight Detainees Face Mob Action Charges Following Jail FightEight Cook County Jail detainees found to have been involved in a fight on a maximum security [Read More]
- Three Charged in Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault of TeenagerThree men have been charged after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found they had [Read More]