Man Wanted for Sex Trafficking of a Minor Arrested
Posted on October 25th, 2015
A Streamwood man wanted for trafficking a 15-year-old girl for sex has been arrested, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Derrick Hill, 41, was taken into custody on Oct.23 at his home by the Streamwood Police Department on a $1.5 million arrest warrant for involuntary sexual servitude of a minor. The warrant, issued on Oct. 7, stemmed from a Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit investigation that began in January.
According to the Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit investigation, Hill arranged “dates” on Backpage.com for the juvenile victim where she would perform sex acts for money, and Hill would profit from those “dates.” The investigation found that Hill also rented the hotels rooms where these acts would occur.
Hill also was arrested for an outstanding traffic violation warrant.
Sheriff Dart would like to thank the Streamwood Police Department for their assistance in this case.
Sheriff Dart also reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]