Man Wanted in Aggravated Battery to Police Officer Case Arrested
Posted on October 22nd, 2015
A man wanted for dragging a Bradley, Ill., police officer with his vehicle was arrested by the Cook County Sheriff’s Central Warrant Unit, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
The Central Warrant Unit received information from the Bradley Police Department that the individual, Aaron Harris, was in Chicago. On Oct. 21, Central Warrant Unit member went to the 800 block of North Central Park Avenue, and after being let inside the residence, located Harris, 21. He was arrested without incident on the $75,000 warrant from Kankakee County for aggravated battery to a peace officer and aggravated flee/attempt to elude officer.
The warrant was issued for Harris’ arrest on Oct. 8 for an Oct. 3 incident where Harris allegedly dragged a Bradley police officer with his vehicle while fleeing a traffic stop.
Harris then allegedly left the area, driving at a high rate of speed. The vehicle was located, but it was abandoned.
Harris was also arrested for a 2014 DeKalb County warrant for failure to appear on an aggravated discharge of a firearm case.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the Government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]