Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Posted on September 10th, 2018
A Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after Cook County Sheriff’s Police found him in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic pistol, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a suspicious person with a gun in the 1400 block of Embassy Lane in Ford Heights. Upon arrival, Sheriff’s Police located a man who matched the description provided of the suspicious person. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Reginald Hughes, was found in possession of a .9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol, loaded with seven rounds. Sheriff’s Police learned that Hughes was convicted in 2008 for manufacture/delivery of cocaine. They also learned he is a registered sex offender for another case.
Hughes was arrested and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. His bond was set at $30,000-D during a hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]