Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Posted on September 10th, 2018
A Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after Cook County Sheriff’s Police found him in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic pistol, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a suspicious person with a gun in the 1400 block of Embassy Lane in Ford Heights. Upon arrival, Sheriff’s Police located a man who matched the description provided of the suspicious person. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Reginald Hughes, was found in possession of a .9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol, loaded with seven rounds. Sheriff’s Police learned that Hughes was convicted in 2008 for manufacture/delivery of cocaine. They also learned he is a registered sex offender for another case.
Hughes was arrested and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. His bond was set at $30,000-D during a hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]