Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Posted on September 10th, 2018
A Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after Cook County Sheriff’s Police found him in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic pistol, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a suspicious person with a gun in the 1400 block of Embassy Lane in Ford Heights. Upon arrival, Sheriff’s Police located a man who matched the description provided of the suspicious person. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Reginald Hughes, was found in possession of a .9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol, loaded with seven rounds. Sheriff’s Police learned that Hughes was convicted in 2008 for manufacture/delivery of cocaine. They also learned he is a registered sex offender for another case.
Hughes was arrested and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. His bond was set at $30,000-D during a hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]
- Information Sought on Hit and Run DriverCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help to identify the driver of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van Dyke Post-Trial HearingMembers of the public interested in attending the People vs. Van Dyke post-trial hearing scheduled [Read More]
- CVS Health, Sheriff Tom Dart Announce Joint Effort to Raise Consumer Awareness about Safe Medication Disposal in Cook CountyCVS Health (NYSE: CVS) and Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart today announced a joint effort to [Read More]