Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a Weapon
Posted on September 10th, 2018
A Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after Cook County Sheriff’s Police found him in possession of a loaded, semi-automatic pistol, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Sept. 9, Sheriff’s Police received a report of a suspicious person with a gun in the 1400 block of Embassy Lane in Ford Heights. Upon arrival, Sheriff’s Police located a man who matched the description provided of the suspicious person. The man, later identified as 38-year-old Reginald Hughes, was found in possession of a .9 mm Smith & Wesson pistol, loaded with seven rounds. Sheriff’s Police learned that Hughes was convicted in 2008 for manufacture/delivery of cocaine. They also learned he is a registered sex offender for another case.
Hughes was arrested and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. His bond was set at $30,000-D during a hearing today at the Markham Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Administer Naloxone to Save a Chicago ManThe quick and compassionate work of Cook County Sheriff’s Police reversed a deadly overdose in [Read More]
- Missing Teen Recovered by Cook County Sheriff’s Police, Man Charged with TraffickingA 37-year-old man faces felony charges after he allegedly sex trafficked a missing 14-year-old [Read More]
- Michigan Woman Charged With 2003 Murder of Her Newborn Twin SonsAn extensive Sheriff’s Police cold case investigation has led to murder charges against a Michigan [Read More]