Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in Apartment
Posted on February 17th, 2019
A Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and suspected narcotics were found in his apartment, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 15, Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in connection with a narcotics and firearms investigation at an apartment in the 10400 block of Lyndale Avenue in unincorporated Melrose Park. There, investigators found an AR-15 .223 caliber rifle, a .38 caliber revolver with five rounds of ammunition, 60 rounds of ammunition, a 50-round drum magazine, an additional 30-round magazine, suspected cocaine, suspected ecstasy, suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found approximately $500.
Sheriff’s Police took Edgar Manzanarez, 33, who lived in the location, into custody. He was charged later that day with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. He was also charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor.
Manzanarez appeared for a bond hearing on Feb. 16 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building where he was ordered to be held without bond. His next court date is Feb. 20 at the Maywood Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]