Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in Apartment
Posted on February 17th, 2019
A Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and suspected narcotics were found in his apartment, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 15, Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in connection with a narcotics and firearms investigation at an apartment in the 10400 block of Lyndale Avenue in unincorporated Melrose Park. There, investigators found an AR-15 .223 caliber rifle, a .38 caliber revolver with five rounds of ammunition, 60 rounds of ammunition, a 50-round drum magazine, an additional 30-round magazine, suspected cocaine, suspected ecstasy, suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found approximately $500.
Sheriff’s Police took Edgar Manzanarez, 33, who lived in the location, into custody. He was charged later that day with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. He was also charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor.
Manzanarez appeared for a bond hearing on Feb. 16 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building where he was ordered to be held without bond. His next court date is Feb. 20 at the Maywood Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Warns of Phone Scam Involving Apple Inc.Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning of a sophisticated phone scam targeting Cook County [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Proposes Reforms to Close Deadly Gun Regulation LoopholesTo ensure the public is better protected from those who lose their right to carry deadly weapons, [Read More]
- Pair Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition FoundTwo men have been charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon after firearms and ammunition [Read More]
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]