Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in Apartment
Posted on February 17th, 2019
A Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and suspected narcotics were found in his apartment, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 15, Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in connection with a narcotics and firearms investigation at an apartment in the 10400 block of Lyndale Avenue in unincorporated Melrose Park. There, investigators found an AR-15 .223 caliber rifle, a .38 caliber revolver with five rounds of ammunition, 60 rounds of ammunition, a 50-round drum magazine, an additional 30-round magazine, suspected cocaine, suspected ecstasy, suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found approximately $500.
Sheriff’s Police took Edgar Manzanarez, 33, who lived in the location, into custody. He was charged later that day with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. He was also charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor.
Manzanarez appeared for a bond hearing on Feb. 16 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building where he was ordered to be held without bond. His next court date is Feb. 20 at the Maywood Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]