Man Charged with UUW after Firearms, Ammunition Found in Apartment
Posted on February 17th, 2019
A Leyden Township man has been charged with multiple felonies after firearms, ammunition and suspected narcotics were found in his apartment, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 15, Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigators executed a search warrant in connection with a narcotics and firearms investigation at an apartment in the 10400 block of Lyndale Avenue in unincorporated Melrose Park. There, investigators found an AR-15 .223 caliber rifle, a .38 caliber revolver with five rounds of ammunition, 60 rounds of ammunition, a 50-round drum magazine, an additional 30-round magazine, suspected cocaine, suspected ecstasy, suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Investigators also found approximately $500.
Sheriff’s Police took Edgar Manzanarez, 33, who lived in the location, into custody. He was charged later that day with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, two counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and two counts of possession of a controlled substance, all felonies. He was also charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, also a misdemeanor.
Manzanarez appeared for a bond hearing on Feb. 16 at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building where he was ordered to be held without bond. His next court date is Feb. 20 at the Maywood Courthouse.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]