Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation
Posted on September 20th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 36-year-old man for promoting prostitution at his Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Sept. 18, Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Lawrence Avenue after receiving information about prostitution occurring at that location. While executing the search warrant, investigators recovered one victim, a 34-year-old woman. She was provided victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Gabriel Alvarado-Aguilar, who lived at the apartment, arranged “dates” at the location and received profits from the victim’s acts of prostitution. He was taken into custody at the location on Sept. 18.
Alvarado-Aguilar was charged on Sept. 19 with promoting prostitution. His bond was set at $10,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]