Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation
Posted on September 20th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 36-year-old man for promoting prostitution at his Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Sept. 18, Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Lawrence Avenue after receiving information about prostitution occurring at that location. While executing the search warrant, investigators recovered one victim, a 34-year-old woman. She was provided victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Gabriel Alvarado-Aguilar, who lived at the apartment, arranged “dates” at the location and received profits from the victim’s acts of prostitution. He was taken into custody at the location on Sept. 18.
Alvarado-Aguilar was charged on Sept. 19 with promoting prostitution. His bond was set at $10,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]