Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation
Posted on September 20th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 36-year-old man for promoting prostitution at his Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Sept. 18, Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Lawrence Avenue after receiving information about prostitution occurring at that location. While executing the search warrant, investigators recovered one victim, a 34-year-old woman. She was provided victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Gabriel Alvarado-Aguilar, who lived at the apartment, arranged “dates” at the location and received profits from the victim’s acts of prostitution. He was taken into custody at the location on Sept. 18.
Alvarado-Aguilar was charged on Sept. 19 with promoting prostitution. His bond was set at $10,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]