Man Charged with Promoting Prostitution following Sheriff’s Police, Homeland Security Investigation
Posted on September 20th, 2018
An investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and U.S. Department of Homeland Security led to the arrest of a 36-year-old man for promoting prostitution at his Chicago apartment, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
On Sept. 18, Sheriff’s Police and Homeland Security Investigations executed a search warrant at an apartment in the 3200 block of West Lawrence Avenue after receiving information about prostitution occurring at that location. While executing the search warrant, investigators recovered one victim, a 34-year-old woman. She was provided victim services through the Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators learned that Gabriel Alvarado-Aguilar, who lived at the apartment, arranged “dates” at the location and received profits from the victim’s acts of prostitution. He was taken into custody at the location on Sept. 18.
Alvarado-Aguilar was charged on Sept. 19 with promoting prostitution. His bond was set at $10,000-D today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Two Men Charged After Being Found with Stolen VehicleTwo men have been charged after a traffic stop revealed they were in possession of a stolen [Read More]
- Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins KillingA 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a [Read More]
- Spectator Sign-Up Process for People vs. Van DykeMembers of the public who wish to observe the upcoming People vs. Van Dyke criminal trial will be [Read More]
- Blue Island Man Charged with Possession of Child PornographyA 45-year-old Blue Island man has been charged after an investigation found images of child [Read More]
- Man Found with a Loaded Gun Charged with Unlawful Use of a WeaponA Ford Heights man previously convicted of a felony, and who is also a registered sex offender, has [Read More]