Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins Killing
Posted on October 14th, 2018
A 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a Robbins man on Oct. 11, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Rodney Knockum was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged on Oct. 13 with murder of Eddie Appleton, 42, in Robbins, Ill.
At around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, Sheriff’s Police investigators were called by Robbins Police to the scene of shooting with an unresponsive victim. At the scene, Appleton was discovered with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body and was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
During the investigation, detectives learned that before the shooting occurred Knockum had come looking for Appleton armed with a handgun and stated that Appleton had burglarized his truck. Shortly after, the shooting occurred.
Knockum is expected in bond court today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government
in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Dart Reminds Public of National Prescription Take Back Day, Launches new Webpage with Helpful ResourcesThis Saturday, April 27, Cook County residents can help protect the environment and fight the [Read More]
- Illinois Senate Passes Bill seeking to Deter Assaults, Public Indecency to Staff in Correctional SettingsA bill seeking to address assaults and public indecency against those working in correctional [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Police Conducting Enforcement Patrols Focused on Distracted DriversCook County Sheriff’s Police will be conducting enhanced patrols focusing on distracted drivers, [Read More]
- Man Charged with UUW after Fleeing with Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic WeaponsA 26-year-old Chicago man has been charged after he fled from investigators with a package [Read More]
- Bolingbrook Man Sentenced to Federal Prison for Child Pornography, Sex TraffickingA 46-year-old Bolingbrook man investigated by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police’s Child Exploitation [Read More]