Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins Killing
Posted on October 14th, 2018
A 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a Robbins man on Oct. 11, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Rodney Knockum was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged on Oct. 13 with murder of Eddie Appleton, 42, in Robbins, Ill.
At around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, Sheriff’s Police investigators were called by Robbins Police to the scene of shooting with an unresponsive victim. At the scene, Appleton was discovered with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body and was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
During the investigation, detectives learned that before the shooting occurred Knockum had come looking for Appleton armed with a handgun and stated that Appleton had burglarized his truck. Shortly after, the shooting occurred.
Knockum is expected in bond court today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government
in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff’s Police, U.S. Department of Homeland Security investigation leads to Promoting Prostitution Charges against Gurnee ManAn investigation by the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Vice Unit and the U.S. Department of Homeland [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]