Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins Killing
Posted on October 14th, 2018
A 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a Robbins man on Oct. 11, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Rodney Knockum was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged on Oct. 13 with murder of Eddie Appleton, 42, in Robbins, Ill.
At around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, Sheriff’s Police investigators were called by Robbins Police to the scene of shooting with an unresponsive victim. At the scene, Appleton was discovered with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body and was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
During the investigation, detectives learned that before the shooting occurred Knockum had come looking for Appleton armed with a handgun and stated that Appleton had burglarized his truck. Shortly after, the shooting occurred.
Knockum is expected in bond court today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government
in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Sheriff Announces Operation Deadly DistractionsCook County Sheriff’s Police have launched “Operation Deadly Distractions” to curb the rampant and [Read More]
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]