Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins Killing
Posted on October 14th, 2018
A 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a Robbins man on Oct. 11, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Rodney Knockum was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged on Oct. 13 with murder of Eddie Appleton, 42, in Robbins, Ill.
At around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, Sheriff’s Police investigators were called by Robbins Police to the scene of shooting with an unresponsive victim. At the scene, Appleton was discovered with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body and was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
During the investigation, detectives learned that before the shooting occurred Knockum had come looking for Appleton armed with a handgun and stated that Appleton had burglarized his truck. Shortly after, the shooting occurred.
Knockum is expected in bond court today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government
in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Awareness Resource Created for Front Lines of Opioid CrisisCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart released new episodes today of the podcast “Breaking Free” [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Warns of Ruse BurglariesCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is warning the public about ruse burglaries following an [Read More]
- Two Teens Charged in Fatal Palatine Township ShootingTwo teens have been charged in connection with the murder of man in unincorporated Palatine, Cook [Read More]
- Matteson Man Charged after Sheriff’s Police Recover Two Loaded FirearmsA Matteson man has been charged after Sheriff’s Police recovered two loaded firearms during a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 390 ArrestsCOOK COUNTY, IL – More than 390 individuals were arrested by two dozen police agencies across the [Read More]