Man Charged with First Degree Murder in Robbins Killing
Posted on October 14th, 2018
A 60-year-old Blue Island man has been charged with first degree murder in the shooting death of a Robbins man on Oct. 11, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Rodney Knockum was arrested on Oct. 12 and charged on Oct. 13 with murder of Eddie Appleton, 42, in Robbins, Ill.
At around 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 11, Sheriff’s Police investigators were called by Robbins Police to the scene of shooting with an unresponsive victim. At the scene, Appleton was discovered with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body and was later pronounced dead at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
During the investigation, detectives learned that before the shooting occurred Knockum had come looking for Appleton armed with a handgun and stated that Appleton had burglarized his truck. Shortly after, the shooting occurred.
Knockum is expected in bond court today at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The public is reminded that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government
in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Pair Charged with Attempt Murder in Unincorporated Oak Forest ShootingHa Zell Williams Dashaun Colbert Two 18-year-old men have been charged with attempt murder in [Read More]
- Sheriff Announces Criminal Sexual Assault ChargesShannon Griffin A teacher at a Burbank private school has been charged with Criminal Sexual [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Conducting Traffic Safety Checkpoint in Leyden TownshipCook County Sheriff’s Police will conduct a roadside safety checkpoint in Leyden Township on the [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with UUW after Switches that Convert Handguns to Fully Automatic Weapons Delivered to ResidenceJaveon Burton Allen A 22-year-old Chicago man has been charged after a package containing switches [Read More]
- Driver Charged in Fatal Leyden Township Hit and RunA Chicago woman has been charged in a hit and run that killed a 37-year-old man, Cook County [Read More]