Man Charged with Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
Posted on June 1st, 2018
A Chicago man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police investigation found he had sexually abused a boy, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Nicholas Vasquez, 36, of the 4200 block of West Monroe, has been charged with two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, in which the victim is under 13 years of age. His bond was set at $25,000-D today during his court appearance at the George N. Leighton Criminal Court Building.
The information was initially reported to Sheriff’s Police on May 2. Sheriff’s Police learned the alleged abuse occurred about 10 years ago in Chicago and the victim was about 6-years-old at the time. Investigators arrested Vasquez on May 30.
The defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Cook County Sheriff Asks for Public’s Help in Adoption of Two Very Good DogsTwo dogs that recently completed the Sheriff’s Tails of Redemption program at the Cook County Jail, [Read More]
- Sheriff Dart Seeks the Public’s Help Locating Missing Madden Mental Health Center PatientCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help locating a Madden Mental Health [Read More]
- Cook County Sheriff’s Police Seeking to Identify Individuals at the Scene of Robbins ShootingCook County Sheriff’s Police are seeking to identify individuals in these photographs as they may [Read More]
- Western Springs Man Charged with Disseminating Child PornographyA 72-year-old man has been charged after an investigation found that he sent explicit images of [Read More]
- Information Sought in Fatal Hit and RunCook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart is asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver of a [Read More]