Man Charged in Wife’s Murder
Posted on August 2nd, 2016
An Arlington Heights man has been charged with first degree murder after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found that he shot and killed his wife, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:45 p.m. on July 31, Sheriff’s Police responded to report of a shooting at a residence located in the 10 block of 3rd Avenue in unincorporated Arlington Heights. Investigators learned that 38-year-old Divina Salgado was shot by her husband, Jose Arturo Salgado-Roque, as she walked into their home carrying their 1-year-old child. Salgado-Roque was located and taken into custody by Cook County Sheriff’s Police.
The 1-year-old and two other children were placed in the custody of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Salgado-Roque, 42, has been charged with one count of first degree murder. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Historic International Detainee Chess Tournament HeldDetainees in seven countries spanning multiple continents participated in a historic chess [Read More]
- Robbins Man Charged with Attempted Murder for Shooting Outside BarA Robbins man has been charged in connection with a shooting that injured a two people outside a [Read More]
- National Sex Buyer Sting Nets More Than 500 ArrestsFrom California to New York to Alabama, more than two dozen police agencies partnered in a [Read More]
- Sheriff’s Office Launches E-File Service for Civil Process RequestsIndividuals requesting the Cook County Sheriff’s Office serve civil court documents have a new, [Read More]
- Public’s Help Sought in Identifying Suspicious PersonCook County Sheriff’s Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man involved in a [Read More]