Man Charged in Wife’s Murder
Posted on August 2nd, 2016
An Arlington Heights man has been charged with first degree murder after a Cook County Sheriff’s Police investigation found that he shot and killed his wife, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
At approximately 1:45 p.m. on July 31, Sheriff’s Police responded to report of a shooting at a residence located in the 10 block of 3rd Avenue in unincorporated Arlington Heights. Investigators learned that 38-year-old Divina Salgado was shot by her husband, Jose Arturo Salgado-Roque, as she walked into their home carrying their 1-year-old child. Salgado-Roque was located and taken into custody by Cook County Sheriff’s Police.
The 1-year-old and two other children were placed in the custody of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Salgado-Roque, 42, has been charged with one count of first degree murder. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing today at the Rolling Meadows Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]