Man Charged in Sexual Assault of Teen at Forest Preserve
Posted on September 8th, 2016
A 46-year-old man has been charged in connection with a reported sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy that occurred at the Cermak Woods Forest Preserve, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Forest Preserve Police notified Sheriff’s Police detectives on Sept. 5, after receiving a report of an alleged assault that occurred the night before near the pool at the Cermak Woods, located in the 7600 block of Ogden Avenue in Lyons.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the victim, a 16-year-old boy, was approached by a man sometime between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Sept.4. According to the report, the man told the teen he was armed, forced him to drink alcohol and then sexually assaulted him. The victim did not know the offender.
Sheriff’s Police Detectives identified the man as Armando Robles, of the 6400 block of Hamlin Avenue in Chicago. On Sept. 7, Robles was charged with one count of criminal sexual assault/force and one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Robles’ bond was set at $500,000 during a hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- Update on COVID-19 Cases at Cook County JailAt a time when jails and prison across the nation are still dealing with massive outbreaks of [Read More]
- 22 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersOfficers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issuedcitations to 22 men and [Read More]
- Four Juveniles Arrested on Warrants for Offenses Related to CarjackingThis week Cook County Sheriff’s Police located and arrested four juveniles on warrants related to [Read More]
- Chicago Man Charged with Attempted Aggravated Criminal Sexual AbuseA 34-year-old Chicago man has been charged with multiple felonies after he solicited an undercover [Read More]
- Two More Men Charged with Trafficking in Connection with Missing Teen Recovered in DecemberHoney Myles-Baker Nealy Two Chicago men each face felony charges after allegedly sex trafficking a [Read More]