Man Charged in Sexual Assault of Teen at Forest Preserve
Posted on September 8th, 2016
A 46-year-old man has been charged in connection with a reported sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy that occurred at the Cermak Woods Forest Preserve, Cook County Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.
Cook County Forest Preserve Police notified Sheriff’s Police detectives on Sept. 5, after receiving a report of an alleged assault that occurred the night before near the pool at the Cermak Woods, located in the 7600 block of Ogden Avenue in Lyons.
According to the Sheriff’s Police investigation, the victim, a 16-year-old boy, was approached by a man sometime between 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Sept.4. According to the report, the man told the teen he was armed, forced him to drink alcohol and then sexually assaulted him. The victim did not know the offender.
Sheriff’s Police Detectives identified the man as Armando Robles, of the 6400 block of Hamlin Avenue in Chicago. On Sept. 7, Robles was charged with one count of criminal sexual assault/force and one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Robles’ bond was set at $500,000 during a hearing today at the Bridgeview Courthouse.
Sheriff Dart reminds the public that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty by the government in a court of law.
Recent Press Releases
- 25 Men Arrested in Cook County Sheriff’s Police “John” Sting Targeting Sex BuyersCOOK COUNTY, IL – Officers from the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Special Victims Unit issued [Read More]
- Man Charged with Illegally Transferring FirearmCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 22-year-old Midlothian man has been charged after a Sheriff’s Police [Read More]
- Man Charged with Aggravated Battery to a Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with multiple felonies after a Cook County [Read More]
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Ford Heights ShootingCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 35-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder after an investigation [Read More]
- Woman Charged with Stabbing Woman, Sheriff’s Police OfficerCOOK COUNTY, IL – A 42-year-old woman has been charged with aggravated battery after a Cook County [Read More]